Drinking in Camden / Kentish Town

Discussion in 'SMB' started by kingmonkey, Nov 8, 2018.

1. the dark one

the dark one Winger

You come over as a rite berk at times mind lad. The lad has stated numerous times on here he loves his visits to London.

2. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Central Defender

What has that got to so with the questions i’ve asked? Berk or not.

3. the dark one

the dark one Winger

You wouldnt talk to him like that face to face mate. Very obnoxious.

4. MackneyHackem

:lol: who are we talking about?

5. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

I was on Highgate road itself. Bus stop other side of road from the south was in front of my house.

Crayola-Kid likes this.
  6. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

Can picture where - just down from the old mechanic's yard

Secret Visage likes this.
  7. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Yep. Loved the area at the time.

The South as it was then known was a bit ropey and run by two people called Den and Angie!

Crayola-Kid likes this.
  8. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

Dirty Den? :lol:
    Probably walked down the back of your old place many times if you backed on to that passageway that goes down to KT

9. CollingwoodFTM

CollingwoodFTM Striker

I went to Poly in KT back in the 80s. Took a trip back there a few years ago.
    Tapping the Admiral - canny
    Grafton - canny
    Pineapple - canny
    Abbey - meh
    Vine - over priced
    Southampton Arms - full of Tory wannabes. It was a shithole when I used to drink there and much better.
    Bull and Gate - too clean

The first few pubs had some of the excellent Southwark Brewing Company beers. Brewed In London, by Mackems.

Didn’t bother with the Assembly Rooms, Junction and whatever the Vultures Perch is called now. I’d already had a few before I reached KT and then had a few at the town and country club. I almost made it to Totteridge and Whetstone tube station before puking. First time I’d ever puked on a tube in 30 odd years.

kingmonkey likes this.
  10. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Den was Irish and Angie a little blonde. They weren't a couple. Just ran the place together.

11. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

For Camden there was also the Monarch on Chalk Farm Road, just down from the Round House - used to house the Barfly - is that still there? My band played there a few times and there was a decent club after hours on a Friday. That was 90s mind. And the Landsdowne, up and over the bridge from Chalk Farm tube - always liked that. Probably classed as Camden but I think of it more as Chalk Farm or Primrose Hill.

12. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

When in the south?

Is the radgie Irish pub out the back of gospel oak still there?

13. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

Rarely strayed over that far other than to get the overland - the Boston up at Tufnell Park was pretty radgie and Irish though - used to go in there before going to indie night at the Dome back in the early 90s. Got a little tasty from time to time.

14. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

We used to head to kilburn to liven things up.

Crayola-Kid likes this.
  15. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

Lived down that way when I first moved down in '90 - was classed loosely as St John's Wood but was a 5-minute walk to Kilburn Park tube - the High Road was a bit of an eye opener for a young lad from the NE back then :lol:

16. duff_man

duff_man Striker

Has instructions on the back of the pumps about how to pour a flat pint or a pint with a head

@10 Trenches Deep is the camden and kentish town guru he might be able to help you out

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  17. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

We went from Kentish town to "south Hampstead" so know where you're coming from.

Crayola-Kid likes this.
  18. Cornwall
    It’s in the Name and avitar

19. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Elephants used to have a cracking juke box.

20. MackneyHackem

Wew.