Drinking in Camden / Kentish Town

Is this price of a pint grumble we always get on here just a London thing? Are people like this on holiday as well?

If you’re down here for 3-4 days or whatever and every pint you buy is 40p or even a quid more each time you’d surely have to be drinking a hundred pints or something for it to even matter.

If money’s that tight surely you shouldn’t be going away ffs.
You've obviously got used to being ripped off and paying stupid prices. That doesn't mean everybody is happy about it. As for 40p more a pint that made me laugh.

You've obviously got used to being ripped off and paying stupid prices. That doesn't mean everybody is happy about it. As for 40p more a pint that made me laugh.

Love being ripped off mate, every day of my life. Can’t get enough of it. Proper mug me.

I’m in good company though there’s 8 million of us.

So what's your story? From up here and moved south or from down there but support Sunderland for whatever reason?

Born and raised in Sunderland, moved to London nine years ago.

I don’t see how that matters though. You know everything in London costs more though don’t you? In terms of leisure activities and property and that. Wages are higher as well.

It’s not a big con to steal your money you know.

Is this price of a pint grumble we always get on here just a London thing? Are people like this on holiday as well?

If you’re down here for 3-4 days or whatever and every pint you buy is 40p or even a quid more each time you’d surely have to be drinking a hundred pints or something for it to even matter.

Hell yeah!
"how was your holiday?"
"class, only 1 euro a pint"

For some reason the price of a pint really matters. It hit over £3 in the local not long back and everyone was moaning like fuck.

Hell yeah!
"how was your holiday?"
"class, only 1 euro a pint"

For some reason the price of a pint really matters. It hit over £3 in the local not long back and everyone was moaning like fuck.

Getting a cheap pint is great, but I don’t understand going to somewhere that you know is more expensive than home then whinging that it was more expensive than home. It’s mental.

Born and raised in Sunderland, moved to London nine years ago.

I don’t see how that matters though.
You know everything in London costs more though don’t you? In terms of leisure activities and property and that. Wages are higher as well.

It’s not a big con to steal your money you know.
I was just curious I had no other motive.
You're a bit aggressive in your replies, you're obviously a bit protectionist of London. I used to live near London but it was before prices went really stupid like they are now. As you say wages are higher so the locals pay up without comment. You can understand though why somebody who isn't on London wages might not be happy with those prices. I think we're allowed to gripe about something like that without it being taken personally.

I was just curious I had no other motive.
You're a bit aggressive in your replies, you're obviously a bit protectionist of London. I used to live near London but it was before prices went really stupid like they are now. As you say wages are higher so the locals pay up without comment. You can understand though why somebody who isn't on London wages might not be happy with those prices. I think we're allowed to gripe about something like that without it being taken personally.

I wasn’t trying to be aggressive and don’t think I take it personally, it’s just a weird thing I see on here constantly.

‘London wages’ also doesn’t make much sense, because it’s relative. If you get paid slightly more here to do a job because it’s more expensive to live here, it doesn’t matter what the job is. Everyone gets paid a little bit more no matter what they do.

That's because you probably drink on the diamond strip.

To be fair, I would rather pay a bit more for a nice pint like neck oil, but 4 beers for over £20 is a bit harsh.

Boxes ticked.

Don't drink on the diamond strip. I just drink in good quality places that sell better beers.

I wasn’t trying to be aggressive and don’t think I take it personally, it’s just a weird thing I see on here constantly.

‘London wages’ also doesn’t make much sense, because it’s relative. If you get paid slightly more here to do a job because it’s more expensive to live here, it doesn’t matter what the job is. Everyone gets paid a little bit more no matter what they do.
It's not wierd it's just discussion.
My local pub the Board Inn sells lager for 3 quid a pint. Other Sunderland pubs charge signifigantly more and others like Wetherspoons are cheaper. Those price differences get discussed a lot on here as well. It's nothing personal against London.

What on earth is the diamond strip?

Its the row of bars on Collingwood Street in Newcastle where all the weekend millionaires go to pretend they're having a good time. Mainly all the ones off Geordie Shore.
Absolutely horrific, playing terrible R&B and obvious dance music full of people who love themselves and think wearing a t shirt and plimsoles counts as being dressed for a night out.

Its the row of bars on Collingwood Street in Newcastle where all the weekend millionaires go to pretend they're having a good time. Mainly all the ones off Geordie Shore.
Absolutely horrific, playing terrible R&B and obvious dance music full of people who love themselves and think wearing a t shirt and plimsoles counts as being dressed for a night out.

That used to be Osborne Road iirc.

It's not wierd it's just discussion.
My local pub the Board Inn sells lager for 3 quid a pint. Other Sunderland pubs charge signifigantly more and others like Wetherspoons are cheaper. Those price differences get discussed a lot on here as well. It's nothing personal against London.

Sure. But it’s the same as the lads on here who live in Eastern Europe or other tradionally cheaper places going on about how much a rip off the Board Inn is compared to Gdańsk or Prague.

Do you see what I mean?

:lol: sounds it.

Is the correct answer.

The prices of goods and services in a place reflect the cost of the purchase price of the product, the wages they pay to staff and cost of ground rent on the pub, bar or restaurant.

It’s not f***ing difficult. If you don’t like it and constantly feel ripped off, or come here and restrict yourself to drinking in shit holes or Wetherspoons because you can’t bare the expense, stop at home.

Two in a row. You’re on a roll marra.

Sure. But it’s the same as the lads on here who live in Eastern Europe or other tradionally cheaper places going on about how much a rip off the Board Inn is compared to Gdańsk or Prague.

Do you see what I mean?

:lol: sounds it.
I've never read anybody on here who live in those places moaning about our pubs prices. A bit of jokey gloating and rubbing it in how cheap their prices are is about it.

Back