Dave Herbal

Striker
People who want to set up a kitty
People who buy spirits in a round
People who drink spirits instead of pints
People who bow out when the night is young
People who drop the shoulder
People who won’t hold your pint while you go for a piss/tab
People who won’t wait for you to finish your tab and march into the pub to order the round before you’ve had a chance to peruse the real ale selection.
People who leave half of their pint in every pub
People who won’t neck their drink when someone announces “next pub
People who, when you say “I’m finished. I’ll just pop for a tab/piss and meet you outside”, stay where they are and carry on gassing so you have to come all the way back in the pub to chivvy them along
People who want to stay in the same pub for more than 2 drinks.
People who won’t go in a certain pub because “the beer is crap”
People who ask for a taster
People who ask for a dimpled pint pot instead of a glass
People who get edgy and start fights
People who need a tactical spew to get through the night
People who get so pissed they need sending home/ putting in a taxi
People who try to pay with their phone but can’t get it to work.
People who won’t go in a certain pub for a stupid reason eg the toilet smells

Have I missed anything?

People who want to set up a kitty
People who buy spirits in a round
People who drink spirits instead of pints
People who bow out when the night is young
People who drop the shoulder
People who won’t hold your pint while you go for a piss/tab
People who won’t wait for you to finish your tab and march into the pub to order the round before you’ve had a chance to peruse the real ale selection. - Why should they....
People who leave half of their pint in every pub
People who won’t neck their drink when someone announces “next pub
People who, when you say “I’m finished. I’ll just pop for a tab/piss and meet you outside”, stay where they are and carry on gassing so you have to come all the way back in the pub to chivvy them along - Why should they stop a conversation because you want them too....
People who want to stay in the same pub for more than 2 drinks.
People who won’t go in a certain pub because “the beer is crap”
People who ask for a taster
People who ask for a dimpled pint pot instead of a glass
People who get edgy and start fights
People who need a tactical spew to get through the night
People who get so pissed they need sending home/ putting in a taxi
People who try to pay with their phone but can’t get it to work.
People who won’t go in a certain pub for a stupid reason eg the toilet smells

Have I missed anything?

Why do you expect people to spend their evening waiting on you to have a tab.....

Last edited:
People who shout or laugh really loud at something that isn't funny.
Bar staff binning your pint because you went out for a tab and they thought you had gone.
Bar staff spraying chemicals on tables while your enjoying a pint.
People who cannot handle their drink.
People who get arsy because you put the juke box on.
People who wear baseball caps in the pub/club.

Why do you expect people to spend their evening waiting on you to have a tab.....
It’s only an issue in places where you can’t take your drink outside like. It’s no hardship to hold/look after someone’s drink for 5 minutes now is it? Why would you not do your mate a favour?
People who order a round and order the Guinness last
People who pay with cash still
Anyone who drinks cocktails
Pubs without scampi fries
I’d say the vast majority still pay cash

Last edited:
It’s only an issue in places where you can’t take your drink outside like. It’s no hardship to hold/look after someone’s drink for 5 minutes now is it? Why would you not do your mate a favour?

That's not what I am getting at, you expect people to be ready when you are, like when you want to leave after a tab, or not waiting when your having a tab.....

People who impose a litany of selfish rules on their companions then wonder why nobody likes them.
On the contrary, I have lots of different drinking mates. I’ve weeded out most of the people who break those rules over the years, so we’re all on the same page now.

That's not what I am getting at, you expect people to be ready when you are, like when you want to leave after a tab, or not waiting when your having a tab.....
Because once upon a time, at least 3/4 of the group would be smokers and you’d all do it together. Now most people have stopped, they seem to forget what it used to be like and you’re treated like an inconvenience, when it’s them who’ve changed and not you.

Surely the majority of people under 55 use their card or phone these days. If they don’t, then they should be on the list to go.

Back