Drinking at home on your own

Dave Herbal

Striker
I did this on Friday and it suddenly occurred to me that it was a completely alien concept. In fact, I can’t remember staying in with the intention of getting drunk since I was a student, 27 years ago. I normally spend my nights in on the PlayStation, but that was out the window if drinking was to be done.
I was wandering round the house with no clue what to do. I did a load of social media chatting, but they all went dead around 11, so I ended up just watching music videos on YouTube and dancing round the garden, til people reappeared on the chats a bit later on.
A very strange, but somewhat enjoyable experience, although I wouldn’t want to make a habit of it.
I think id rather give up booze than become a lone house drinker.

Been quite enjoying me pissups. Though wife is a drinking partner. She was working Friday night so chatted to work mates on zoom. Had a catch up with other mates on zoom on the saturday.

Drinking beer alone is a bit dull - don't mind a glass of wine watching something on TV. But I hardly buy wine as the Mrs is teetotal.

Drinking on your own is fine and enjoyable, you don't have to start with the intention of getting pissed.

I went for a bike ride about 4pm yesterday, i was knackered when i got back, so spent a relaxing hour in the bath with a 500ml bottle of beer.

Then, while the missus was watching tele, i spent the next hour, in the kitchen making tea. Weather was nice so the back door to the kitchen was open, music was on, and had another couple while cooking, on my own.

I won't have any until Thursday now

Drinking on your own is fine and enjoyable, you don't have to start with the intention of getting pissed.

I went for a bike ride about 4pm yesterday, i was knackered when i got back, so spent a relaxing hour in the bath with a 500ml bottle of beer.

Then, while the missus was watching tele, i spent the next hour, in the kitchen making tea. Weather was nice so the back door to the kitchen was open, music was on, and had another couple while cooking, on my own.

I won't have any until Thursday now
I’m not counting the odd couple of cans as drinking here mind. That’s just having a drink that just happens to have some alcohol in it I’m talking about drinking with the intention of getting pissed.

Whilst we're on lockdown most nights I'll have 3 or 4 cans and watch music videos or a film. But when we're not on lockdown I tend to go out 3 or 4 nights a week - missing the pub to be honest and worried that a lot of our locals might not survive but understand that protecting the NHS and minimising the number of deaths must take priority. Just think whilst people may have money worries in the future they'll replace any nights out with supermarket tins and netflix instead.

I can’t imagine what this would have been like when we were young and out 4 or 5 nights a week.
I once tried to break an armed police siege to get to the pub.

Last edited:
Been drinking more craft stuff and boxes with different stuff at home lately. Get some different tastes instead of just drinking to be pissed. Although one of life's great pleasures is getting pissed and lying on the floor with some tunes on.

I did this on Friday and it suddenly occurred to me that it was a completely alien concept. In fact, I can’t remember staying in with the intention of getting drunk since I was a student, 27 years ago. I normally spend my nights in on the PlayStation, but that was out the window if drinking was to be done.
I was wandering round the house with no clue what to do. I did a load of social media chatting, but they all went dead around 11, so I ended up just watching music videos on YouTube and dancing round the garden, til people reappeared on the chats a bit later on.
A very strange, but somewhat enjoyable experience, although I wouldn’t want to make a habit of it.
I think id rather give up booze than become a lone house drinker.
Love drinking on my own, relaxing with a decent whisky and a bit of jazz or a good book whilst the missus watches endless TV crap in the other room. Maybe I’m just an antisocial bastard at heart :lol: Don’t get bladdered on my own though.

Back