Drinking 2 litres of water a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'll piss away what your body doesn't need anyway - this is usually what's happening when you have clear piss - it's not a sign of being healthy, it's a sign you've drunk too much water.

You'll piss away what your body doesn't need anyway - this is usually what's happening when you have clear piss - it's not a sign of being healthy, it's a sign you've drunk too much water.

But you are relieving the pressure on your kidneys by helping to flush your system, reducing the chance of urate and other kidney stones.

I probably drink about 2 litres a day, but it's always tap water. I don't do it intentionally, just prefer it to fizzy drinks or anything else. Except copious amounts of Guiness on a weekend.

I use the simple rule: My piss should be clear. If it's not, I'm dehydrated and I go and drink a pint of watter.

Because of this I bought a Brita filter jug and tend to buy a lot of sugarfree dilute-yourself juices like Ribena sugarfree. The Brita certainly makes water taste much better.

Last edited:
i'm on at least 2 litres of tea a day.

do plenty of pissing, but haven't been monitoring the colour. can you get a piss colour chart like they do for paint to check if its too yellow?

Some people don't drown but get things like sodium poisoning. But that requires like 20 pints!

Pretty sure I read in the paper a few months ago that some geezer had tried to flush tonsillitis out of his system by drinking 20+ pints and died of sodium poisoning.

That said you should drink at least a few pints a day if you want your body to work efficiently and in a healthy way.

I use the simple rule: My piss should be clear. If it's not, I'm dehydrated and I go and drink a pint of water.

Because of this I bought a Brita filter jug and tend to buy a lot of sugarfree dilute-yourself juices like Ribena sugarfree. The Brita certainly makes water taste much better.

is the correct way to go in my opinion. your body will tell you whats what, you decide to ignore it or not. Theres a piss colour chart they use to check our hydration level - bit like a paint chart at B&Q!! From memory the body recirculates 40000 glasses of water per day and loses around 4-6 glasses of water per day keeping you alive. This figure will increase if you live in a hot climate, at altitude and obviously you work out. So it needs to be replaced, a bit like topping up your oil in a car.

ps - fluid and water are two different things as far as the body is concerned. Fizzy pop, fruit juice, tea, coffee, lager etc all make you piss more than you drink and therefore actual de-hydrate you. Milk is classed as a solid not a fluid. The only food that really contains water are fruit and some veg.

i'm on at least 2 litres of tea a day.

do plenty of pissing, but haven't been monitoring the colour. can you get a piss colour chart like they do for paint to check if its too yellow?

yes you can : http://www.lotussports.co.uk/Publications/Am I Hydrated - Urine Colour Chart.pdf

Last edited:
Fuck me I'd be worried if I was pissing number 8 :lol:

Jokes aside, for those who don't already, try downing a pint of water before you go to bed. I always find I wake up a little less blurrier.

Nee chance. I'm not rising from my pit during the neet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back