Drink Driving Conviction/Coaching Kids

It shouldn’t be though mate as it’s easily avoidable.

I am certainly no saint, but I can honestly say I have never drove whilst still being over the limit. The reason is because when I was young, one of the lads got caught at 2pm (we were out till 1am) and it fucked up his life.
It's easily avoidable if you choose to miss out on any kind of big nights in/out. Makes for a pretty dull life tho imo. I willingly drunk drove once as a youngun and luckily got away with it. Would never do it again but the whole day/days after thing is pretty much unavoidable in 21st century life. Sad but true.

Would mean a lot about someone making an honest mistake and someone wrecklessly risking lives.
But, it wouldn't be an 'honest mistake' would it?
Drink driving is drink driving whether it be the same night or the next day.
It's well enough documented these days about the morning after - so anyone getting caught over the limit deserve to be banned.
It's not hard to abstain if you know you're going to be driving the next morning.
It's easily avoidable if you choose to miss out on any kind of big nights in/out. Makes for a pretty dull life tho imo. I willingly drunk drove once as a youngun and luckily got away with it. Would never do it again but the whole day/days after thing is pretty much unavoidable in 21st century life. Sad but true.
Sorry, but that's just tough.
Bad situation if risking 'having a dull life' out ways not drink driving really.
Is it so hard for people to use a bit of common sense and lay off the drink if you know you're gonna drive the next day?

Last edited:
Would mean a lot about someone making an honest mistake and someone wrecklessly risking lives.

If one of your loved ones was killed by someone over the limit the morning after I think your attitude would be different
It's well enough documented these days about the morning after - so anyone getting caught over the limit deserve to be banned.
It's not hard to abstain if you know you're going to be driving the next morning.

Bad situation if risking 'having a dull life' out ways not drink driving really.
Is it so hard for people to use a bit of common sense and lay off the drink if you know you're gonna drive the next day?

It is to self centred people who value their night out higher than someones life.

Last edited:
If one of your loved ones was killed by someone over the limit the morning after I think your attitude would be different

It is to self centred people who value their night out higher than someones life.
No it wouldn't, purely from a blame perspective as always it would depend entirely on the circumstances.

Again it would depend on the circumstances, the only real way to stop it would be to have breathalysers on every car made.

Last edited:
No it wouldn't, purely from a blame perspective as always it would depend entirely on the circumstances.

Again it would depend on the circumstances, the only real way to stop it would be to have breathalysers on every car made.
Don't see how it can 'depend on circumstances' - over the limit is over the limit , no excuse.
Best way to stop it (imo) is for people to grow up and realise that their actions are costing people their lives.
Only way a breathalyser on every car would work is if it immobilises the car if you're over the limit - but really, 'adults' shouldn't need anything like that.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

If someone has just been convicted of drink driving, when they’re expected to be a positive role model, should they be allowed to continue working with children?

Would you be happy to allow them to continue coaching your child?
yes, doing really see how that has anything to do with it

Don't see how it can 'depend on circumstances' - over the limit is over the limit , no excuse.
Best way to stop it (imo) is for people to grow up and realise that their actions are costing people their lives.
Only way a breathalyser on every car would work is if it immobilises the car if you're over the limit - but really, 'adults' shouldn't need anything like that.
People take longer to get rid of the alcohol, what you're basically saying is no drink allowed unless you aren't going to drive the next day which is about as practical as prohibition.

People take longer to get rid of the alcohol, what you're basically saying is no drink allowed unless you aren't going to drive the next day which is about as practical as prohibition.
Why is it not practical?
Why is it so difficult for people to not drink if they're gonna be driving the next day?
The fact that a car/van is a killing machine in the wrong hands surely means that it SHOULD be prohibited to drink and drive.

If someone takes longer to get rid of the alcohol, then abstain from driving longer - it's not difficult

Last edited:

People need to take responsibility for their own actions mate. The reality is; if you have had a skinful, you shouldn’t be near a car for most of the next day.

If you have to use your car then you reduce you alcohol intake. Pretty simple really.

Can’t believe people are trying to argue that being over the limit the next morning is different. It is the same alcohol in your system, it is influencing and effecting your body the same way.

Can’t believe people are trying to argue that being over the limit the next morning is different. It is the same alcohol in your system, it is influencing and effecting your body the same way.

I think tbf, although I see what you saying, there is a difference from deciding purposely on the night to take the car to a place you know will be drinking, and getting in the car at say 11 next morning.

Not excusing it but think there is a difference like.

I knew a solicitor who was about 5’7” and 8 stone. He wasn’t bragging, but having defended drink drivers he said somebody his size would probably bass a breath test after four pints. I was dubious so mentioned it to a pathologist who said that was pretty much spot on.

Nearly everyone I’ve known who has been done had “only a pint and a half”.

There’s no way as a poster said they were 3 times the limit after 3 pints.
Pass

remember what sessignion said after he drank a bottle of wine then drove - He said he thought he would be ok to drive as he had a few hours kip iirc

Back