Downing

Would have been a superb signing before he went to Blackburn, everyone was saying no. If we had a young squad now I'd be all for signing him but I'm pretty sure hes staying at blackburn

Would have been a superb signing before he went to Blackburn, everyone was saying no. If we had a young squad now I'd be all for signing him but I'm pretty sure hes staying at blackburn

He'd be a superb signing even now. Yes he's old but he still started 38 games last season at Championship side who were competing for the Play-Offs until late in the season. 2 goals and 8 assists while operating mainly as a left-back (I think?)

He's incredibly fit for his age and his quality makes up for his slowing legs. I'd expect him to stay at that level though.

I don't know if he signed a conteract with Blackburn, would he be worth going in for?
What the fuck is it with our fans clambering to sign ex players, owa the hill and weren’t that hot when they played for us. Fuck me, move on FFS
Graham, Colback, Downing and throw Leadbitter in that mix as well. It’s short sighted dross that has contributed to the f***ing dire mess we are in now

Last edited:
He'd be a superb signing even now. Yes he's old but he still started 38 games last season at Championship side who were competing for the Play-Offs until late in the season. 2 goals and 8 assists while operating mainly as a left-back (I think?)

He's incredibly fit for his age and his quality makes up for his slowing legs. I'd expect him to stay at that level though.
I agree, I would just worry about the amount of older players we have

Back