1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dortmund on the drink.

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Peterlee James, Nov 13, 2017.

1. kingmonkey

kingmonkey Winger

Go to Dusseldort, drink alt, eat currywurst, go to 'the wall'
    Go to Cologne, drink kolch.
    Get the train to football at either Dortmund or Monchengladbach or Cologne.
    Ogle titten.

Germany is fucking great.

si73 likes this.
  2. MackemBob

MackemBob Midfield

It's coming up in the world. Didn't have one in 2008.

3. Any pubs I should definitely visit? And any places I can get top quality food for top quality lads?

4. Just head to the Altstadt. It won't take you long to find them. Down by the river is canny an'arl if the weather is alright.

Peterlee James likes this.
  5. Dusseldorf is one of the best places I've been on the drink, would go back in a heartbeat.

6. mad cyril

mad cyril Midfield

As somebody else says, head to Aldstadt ( old town ) and you can go wrong. The main drag is Bolkerstrasse which is just bar after bar after bar. It's incredible ! There's every type of bar imaginable next door to each other. You can be In a rock bar, then a cocktail bar then a brewery then cheesy fun pub all one after another. It's relentless.
    I'd fully recommend Breuri I'm Fuschen on Rattingerstasse, a centuries old traditional brewery selling the famous Alt beer. You needn't ask for a drink they just supply you with it until you turn your glass upside down.
    By far best drinking city I've been too.

Superchamps likes this.
  7. forzamilansafc

forzamilansafc Striker

KFC in the Altstadt

JonnyJarman likes this.
  8. Another vote for Cologne here. I was there in 2006 for the World Cup and I’ve been back twice since as its good for a few slurps and Koln Dom is fantastic

9. Superchamps

Superchamps Full Back

Dortmund is a really good night if you’re willing to put a bit of time and effort into working out where to go. There is no real centre of night life other than a few bars clustered around the market square (which are a good place to start on a match day). There are a few good clubs, some great bars, they’re just spread across the city. If your looking for wall to wall bars the Düsseldorf is for you as has been said. Beers on the train to the game is expected!

10. si73

si73 Winger

Been to Dortmund loads as I've mates there. Match days are special and despite what's been said there's loads of bars but it's more effort (than just rocking up in the Altstadt like Dusseldorf) and local knowledge really helps. But it's really easy to find a good bar and get in with a canny crowd pretty much anywhere in Dortmund. The city centre is a bit quiet (and bits are rough) but some of the suburbs have class bars. Avoid the Nordstadt, it's gone downhill but still has some nice food places. My mate lives there and even he doesn't drink there anymore.
    Both the Altstadt in Dusseldorf and the area between the Rhine and the Cathedral in Koln are class and rammed with bars. The carnival in Dusseldorf is unreal.

Obligatorisch

Superchamps likes this.
  11. Superchamps

Superchamps Full Back

Still some good bars in the Nordstadt, Subrosa, Sissikingkong, Rekorder, Herr Walter.

12. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Goalkeeper

For all those saying to stay in Düsseldorf, I’d have to disagree.

I go over there 3-4 times a year for work so I’ve done it to death and can confirm the place is boring as fuck.

13. I've been going over there 3-4 times a year too for the past 5 years or so, but not for business. Its class and for the first time visitor it will seem like you've landed in some sort of beer utopia. Dusseldorf is also superb as a base to visit other places in the Rhein-Ruhr area.

forzamilansafc likes this.
  14. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Goalkeeper

That's true for sure, although I've never had the chance to go further afield unfortunately.

15. mad cyril

mad cyril Midfield

Regarding food. On the river in the media harbour you have an amazing steak place called Rocco in gehrys and an excellent seafood place called Meerbar. Both really cool places with great food.

16. Cheers mate, might check it out. Probably see where the beer takes us like :lol:

17. Booked up now lads. 9 of us going to Düsseldorf :cool:

Now to see if we end up at a match :lol:

18. Took my son to the derby with Schalke last season for his 16th and it was class. It'll be worth the effort.
    Ps game was boring as fuck 0-0, nowt like this years!

19. It's like Northumberland Street but full of bars

You'll love it mate

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  20. cosmicchris00

cosmicchris00 Midfield

Dusseldorf is good in the summer (beach on the Rhine) but Munich is better all year round