Door to door peddlers

Aye. Someone yesterday asking if we want a box of fresh fruit n veg... watched em go door to door, bout 3 o them, n a white van. Don't think any neughbours took em up on it. Also had someone a week or two ago asking if we wanted fresh milk.

Yep get the Boro lads in Donny too, same story, just stay polite and tell them we have the same type of caller every couple of weeks so don’t need anything. Seems to work. Haven’t been here since the 1st lockdown, have to say i wouldn’t open the door now if they did, not the time for cold callers.

They got dropped off from in a white mini bus at the end of our street and just do the rounds. They are not marking your house to burgle you, they are just kernts trying to intimidate people into buying £1 stuff for £5.

They got my Mam with their sob stories and convinced her to buy stuff. She was miffed when she went into Poundland and saw the same stuff for £1!

Aye. Someone yesterday asking if we want a box of fresh fruit n veg... watched em go door to door, bout 3 o them, n a white van. Don't think any neughbours took em up on it. Also had someone a week or two ago asking if we wanted fresh milk.
We had them a couple of weeks ago
They were polite though
Which was nice

Anyone had these lately? Had a knock on the door and some lad claiming to be a on probation selling a load of tat ... wanted ten quid for some cloths!

politely sent him on his way

my lass anxious the house will get done over now but I just think it’s a scam trying to get a couple of quid of the gullible and vulnerable

Mrs Bresslaw cleans for a pensioner round the corner, she let 2 of them into her house and was writing a cheque out for £80 for some dusters when just by chance her son dropped in. He made them leave pretty sharpish.
They're absolute scum.

Had one in the Summer selling fish out of a freezer box. Looked a total wrongun. My house is the first in the street and as it was Summer think his arse dropped once all the neighbours doing gardening started paying attention. Swiftly sent on his way by the wealthy gypsies over the road and hasn't been back.

Back