Done my knee in a few weeks back

CLENK88

Midfield
I've got no idea how it happened, knee just kinda gives way every now and again. Played for the first time on it last week, and just played through the pain (6 a side and we didn't have a sub!)

My questions is, does anyone wear a knee support and do they do a decent job? The injury itself doesn't seem serious enough to warrant a hospital / pysio apt but it's still niggling when i walk and sometimes just seizes up a bit.

I've got no idea how it happened, knee just kinda gives way every now and again. Played for the first time on it last week, and just played through the pain (6 a side and we didn't have a sub!)

My questions is, does anyone wear a knee support and do they do a decent job? The injury itself doesn't seem serious enough to warrant a hospital / pysio apt but it's still niggling when i walk and sometimes just seizes up a bit.

get it checked out. a knee support doesnt really help in the long run. plus in my experience this provides a target for other players to try and take you out of the game

Wore patella straps for a long time to cut down on soreness after playing but I've just ditched them. Found I was getting lazy with stuff like stretching properly and relying on them to cut the pain out.

I'd gan see the doctor like, if nothing else it'll get you to the root of the problem. Could just be a certain set of exercises keeps it in check. Or maybe it needs amputation.

Had same prob.. Was a soft tissue injury.. Got a supadrug knee support £11.99 very tight and holds everything together.. Gave me confidence to run again..

Did my knee in while cycling when I was about 20. It's still fucked now at 44. It can give way if I turn too quickly when walking and leave me on crutches for days afterwards.

If you value being able to play sports, get it checked out properly.

Had same prob.. Was a soft tissue injury.. Got a supadrug knee support £11.99 very tight and holds everything together.. Gave me confidence to run again..

Like Watson said though, do you feel as though people target you more if you’ve got a knee support on?

I did my knee in a few weeks ago due to a fall...I went to GP who told me to take things easy and use pain killing gel....if after six weeks the issue was still there then he would know that there was internal damage and he would arrange for a scan...Hope this helps

Back