Doncaster Fans

There’s a big north eastern population in Donny, all moved here for the pits back in the day. Me my Wife and plenty of friends have roots in Durham due to this.

I never realised this before I moved down. Recently bought a new build house in one of the pit villages on the outskirts of Donny and it turns out it used to be named the 'Jock estate' because of the Scots and North easterners who moved down in the 60's and populated the houses, they even had their own social club built. A lot of the houses and club have gone for new homes but there's still plenty of the families around.

If I've been out to watch the odd game on Sky or wear any SAFC gear you usually get the odd comment or see fans from both Newcastle and Sunderland. The first 3-0 at the landfill was especially entertaining as there was pockets of both sets of fans in Walkabout in Donny Town centre, with them pretty much expecting a walk over which obviously didn't happen :lol:

Never saw any. Never do. Come in to St Peters and up Sheepfolds. Cant say I'm missing anything. I cant say I'm overly keen on the away support that have been brought up here this season,. By and large charver support for charver clubs. Next week with those pikeys from Portsmouth will be a nightmare. I'm pleased I'm nowhere near the North Stand.

Heard them sing once that was aimed at the referee. I expected more, our fans were absolutely fantastic today. South Stand take a bow

Are any fans good at the mighty sunderland? Too quiet or too aggressive ...

Never saw any. Never do. Come in to St Peters and up Sheepfolds. Cant say I'm missing anything. I cant say I'm overly keen on the away support that have been brought up here this season,. By and large charver support for charver clubs. Next week with those pikeys from Portsmouth will be a nightmare. I'm pleased I'm nowhere near the North Stand.

Pompey wont throw fuck all man- wembley was a different crowd- if they have a firm up that is different and no issues with that as long as not targeting families

Last edited:
Ya big jessy

I only really see them if they're drinking in the Harbour View/Vesta Tilleys or walking along Roker Avenue. But they're usually a different breed to the trouble causers.

Last edited:
Loads walking over the bridge & up the Sheepfolds before & after. Everyone mixing in, not a hint of bother from what I saw. How it should be.

This.... a few in and around the Colliery after.... not a hint of any trouble that I saw.

Same here from high up in the South East corner.

Only time I heard them was when they thought they’d got a penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back