Doncaster Fans

Credit to their club after the Coventry pond life.

This. They weren't the loudest set of fans we've had, albeit their side didn't give them much to cheer and were behind from early on, but all the ones I spoke to seemed spot on, all mixed in with our lot with not a hint of bother. As you say they were a massive contrast to the scum Coventry brought up and a credit to their club

Last edited:
This. They weren't the loudest set of fans we've had, albeit their side didn't give them much to cheer and were behind from early on, but all the ones I spoke to seemed spot on, all mixed in with our lot with not a hint of bother. As you say they were a massive contrast to the scum Coventry brought up and a credit to their club
When I come out of the West Stand after the game with my mate, who is 71, we always walk through the away fans coming out. Coventry were obnoxious yobs, whereas yesterday you couldn't tell who was who. I know they lost but they just mingled and headed for their transport.

What’s it to you like ? Why do you feel the need to try and control everyone ?. All you do constantly is disagree with people and argue, if someone’s not addressing you directly you are allowed to just not respond you know.

Leeds without a shadow of a doubt.

You should try some self control and take a good look at how you come across.

Definitely a different breed to the Coventry lot. Decent lads from what I saw. Yes they were obviously gutted about the result and felt the Doncaster side didn’t really turn up but they enjoyed the trip just the 90+ minutes put a dampener on it.

We can identify with that.

I thowt Wyke was great tbf. I think he's got better the more he's played. Seems a bit of a slow burner but a decent player.

I’m reluctant to praise or criticise. His hold up play is great and his movement to get the chances he does is fantastic, but his finishing is absolutely manky, and ultimately he’s a striker and his main job is to score goals. Don’t forget that two of his goals were open goal tap ins, so I’m reluctant to praise him too much. But can’t fault the lads work rate and willingness to do well.

I thowt Wyke was great tbf. I think he's got better the more he's played. Seems a bit of a slow burner but a decent player.
If he had been fit all season and not been wiped out by the keeper at Burton. We may well have been 6 points better off than our current points total of 83. A few if the draws turned into wins.

Just been having a view of their forum.
Don't seem at all bitter, just disappointed.
They seem a very level headed lot, travelled well, and by the look of one particular thread a canny sized group of them had a decent day out in Seaham pre match.
As long as it's not at our expense, I wouldn't mind seeing them go up via play offs

Who would say most people in Doncaster support?

Honestly I have no idea. Leeds, man United seem to have a bit of support, the Sheffield clubs, as do liverpool and other successful clubs. obviously Donny have a bit as well but it's really mixed.

There's a lot of mags and some safc as well, probably because of miners moving down years back and like i said before it's mixed with rugby so some like football but aren't attached to a club in the same way we are.

Last edited:
There’s a big north eastern population in Donny, all moved here for the pits back in the day. Me my Wife and plenty of friends have roots in Durham due to this.
I think my Dad mentioned this as well (he's 87) when a lot of lads left the Durham pits in the 60's and moved to South Yorkshire; Worksop area I recall? I heard that Worksop was really bad for coal dust because of the lay of the land so they moved to Donny & Bessecar pits? Fading memories like.

What’s it to you like ? Why do you feel the need to try and control everyone ?. All you do constantly is disagree with people and argue, if someone’s not addressing you directly you are allowed to just not respond you know.

Leeds without a shadow of a doubt.
And in Barnsley, who do the people of Barnsley support????

They all seemed sound as anything and their side didn't give them much to shout about.
I was driving over the bridge and saw about 30-40 of their 'lads', mainly teenagers, all sporting Aquascutum etc wandering up North Bridge Street looking for a boozer (looking a bit lost) but not seemingly looking for bother at all.

They all just seemed normal lads who wanted a pint and to watch some football in my experience of both games.

Last edited:

Back