Doncaster at home roll call.

I prefer Saturday games too but I’m really looking forward to this one.
Same here, @annie228
I'm really looking forward to it.
In years gone by, the last train back to British West Hartlepool was at 8:30pm, so it used to be a right clart on, getting home after a night match, but there's late trains on nowadays, which is a bonus. 👍

There's always something special, about playing under the floodlights, and it should be a canny atmosphere and hopefully another win.

Same here, @annie228
In years gone by, the last train back to British West Hartlepool was at 8:30pm, so it used to be a right clart on, getting home after a night match, but there's late trains on nowadays, which is a bonus. 👍

There's always something special, about playing under the floodlights, and it should be a canny atmosphere and hopefully another win.

Is the only reason we're playing Friday cause it's FA cup weekend & sky got basically fuck all to show

Is the only reason we're playing Friday cause it's FA cup weekend & sky got basically fuck all to show
Hopefully The Lads put on a good show for the cameras.
I posted a pic on Facebook and on here, of the half time score on the scoreboard, against Lincoln and Wycombe, with the headline, Scintillating, sumptuous, sexy football is back. (I post some shite at times, lol)
Hope it's more of the same on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, @annie228

I can still remember vividly my first night game under the floodlights at Roker Park. I was absolutely transfixed walking up the steps and into the Roker End as a young girl. Nothing like it. Little did I know the roller coaster awaiting me on my Sunderland supporting journey! Would I change any of it? Would I hell!!

I can still remember vividly my first night game under the floodlights at Roker Park. I was absolutely transfixed walking up the steps and into the Roker End as a young girl. Nothing like it. Little did I know the roller coaster awaiting me on my Sunderland supporting journey! Would I change any of it? Would I hell!!
Great post annie 👍
You're the same age as me, so we've both witnessed a few highs, and way too many lows down the years.
My first match at Roker, was in 72 against Villa, but my first night game was in 75.
I'll always remember the sights, sounds, smells and atmosphere of night games at Roker.
The crowds of fans marching over the Wearmouth bridge towards Roker Park, the excited pre match chatter of the crowd, the smell of beer, baccy, bovril and burgers.
The roar of the crowd and the mist off the North Sea, swirling around the ground.
We've seen a whole lot of rubbish down the years, but we're privileged to support such a great club, with a long and proud history.
Like yourself, I'd not change my club for the world.
Sunland 'til I die.

Great post annie 👍
You're the same age as me, so we've both witnessed a few highs, and way too many lows down the years.
My first match at Roker, was in 72 against Villa, but my first night game was in 75.
I'll always remember the sights, sounds, smells and atmosphere of night games at Roker.
The crowds of fans marching over the Wearmouth bridge towards Roker Park, the excited pre match chatter of the crowd, the smell of beer, baccy, bovril and burgers.
The roar of the crowd and the mist off the North Sea, swirling around the ground.
We've seen a whole lot of rubbish down the years, but we're privileged to support such a great club, with a long and proud history.
Like yourself, I'd not change my club for the world.
Sunland 'til I die.

Oh yes! Just reading your words takes me right back there with me dad bless him. I’m so glad I was brought up on the right side of the tracks ha ha. I think it’s the lean time’s that make the good times even sweeter - and us much tougher!!

Oh yes! Just reading your words takes me right back there with me dad bless him. I’m so glad I was brought up on the right side of the tracks ha ha. I think it’s the lean time’s that make the good times even sweeter - and us much tougher!!
I couldn't agree more.
We have a good deal in common, with our Dad's playing a massive part in us supporting The Lads.
My Dad only took me to two games at Roker, as he preferred hoss racing to football, and down the years we never always seen eye to eye, and had little in common, though he'd always take an interest in our scores.
He's no longer alive, but I'm forever grateful to him for choosing to take me to Roker Park, where I was mesmerised by my hero, the great Billy Hughes, as he danced past defenders like they were statues.
I was totally bitten by the bug and have never once regretted supporting The Lads.

I couldn't agree more.
We have a good deal in common, with our Dad's playing a massive part in us supporting The Lads.
My Dad only took me to two games at Roker, as he preferred hoss racing to football, and down the years we never always seen eye to eye, and had little in common, though he'd always take an interest in our scores.
He's no longer alive, but I'm forever grateful to him for choosing to take me to Roker Park, where I was mesmerised by my hero, the great Billy Hughes, as he danced past defenders like they were statues.
I was totally bitten by the bug and have never once regretted supporting The Lads.

Happy days me dear - and hopefully more to come! 🤞🏻🤞🏻. As you can see from my avatar it was always Joe Bolton for me. I still have his letters in a shoebox!

Happy days me dear - and hopefully more to come! 🤞🏻🤞🏻. As you can see from my avatar it was always Joe Bolton for me. I still have his letters in a shoebox!
I'm sure he's kept your letters too 😉 👍
I always liked Joe Bolton.
Hard as nails, no nonsense defender.
Joe Joe Joe Bolton, we used to sing.
I was at Boro, late 70's or early 80's when he nutted or punched Terry Chocrane, and he walked straight down the tunnel, before the ref had time to send him off 😄

I was at Boro, late 70's or early 80's when he nutted or punched Terry Chocrane, and he walked straight down the tunnel, before the ref had time to send him off 😄

🤣🤣 - I’d like to think so!! He wouldn’t last two minutes on the pitch these days would he. He was absolute class
Wil you two just book a hotel room

sorry!!

Terry Cochrane blast from the past

Always in the bookies at Normanby

Least my old man telt me saw him a few times at Ayrsome park

Wil you two just book a hotel room
😄
We used to drink in the same pubs, when I lived in Newton Hall, but drank in Durham 👍
🤣🤣 - I’d like to think so!! He wouldn’t last two minutes on the pitch these days would he. He was absolute class

sorry!!
Top man was Joe, a bit crackers like Kaysie but tough like Bardsley.

Back