Donald..

I think he came with good intentions but it's going very badly at the moment. A big part of that seems to be to do with appointing staff who aren't capable of running a football club at this level, whether that's Parkinson or the likes of Hill, Coton and Reid.

The thing is, I'm not sure Donald understands quite how quickly fan anger will transfer from the manager to the owner, and how hard it is to shift when it does. Parkinson should never have got the job, should have been sacked weeks ago, but the longer it goes on the more Donald is marked with his failure.

If he sacked him today he could turn around, apologise for making a mistake, and things would move on. But another two or three games and that chance will be gone, and gone for good.

I think he came with good intentions but it's going very badly at the moment. A big part of that seems to be to do with appointing staff who aren't capable of running a football club at this level, whether that's Parkinson or the likes of Hill, Coton and Reid.

The thing is, I'm not sure Donald understands quite how quickly fan anger will transfer from the manager to the owner, and how hard it is to shift when it does. Parkinson should never have got the job, should have been sacked weeks ago, but the longer it goes on the more Donald is marked with his failure.

If he sacked him today he could turn around, apologise for making a mistake, and things would move on. But another two or three games and that chance will be gone, and gone for good.
That fan anger never goes away either, look at murry, gave us the best period in fans lifetimes but when it started to go wrong again all the old anger bubbled back up to the surface. The storybook ending for him here now is to somehow get us up and sell us the moment he does as it will quickly gan tits up in the league above for him.

That's what he wanted and we were desperate. He's stitched Donald (as us a result) right up.
I posted the other week though that he was unemployed at the time and there wasn't a queue of clubs banging on his door. He should have been offered a deal till the end of the season and then take it from there, take it or leave it. If he wanted 2 1/2 years at the interview stage Donald should have told him to go and fuck himself

Showed a fair amount of naivety when he took over, IMO

The interaction with fans on Twitter for example, was only ever going to end one way if the results started turning sour and the Maja situation was another, they thought that splashing a few quid on a player to replace him last minute, seemingly overpaying massively, would keep everyone on side and as he's a lazy knacker it has bitten them on the arse

Started off well, or meaning well anyway, and it has turned to shit and I imagine that Donald and Co don't have the slightest clue in how to fix it, we're absolutely fucked and will be for years, now

Last edited:
I think SD would like to sell up now I reckon he's had enough but can't because in the early part of his tenure he has put his money in thinking we would have been promoted by now.. Thus selling the club on a profit and moving on..
But his earn a quick buck project has backfired forcing him to completely strip the club of its assets and further..
He can default on his £10 million loan and get out but he won't because he wants some sort of return on money..
He is now stuck between a rock and a hard place as the only way he can leave is by taking a big hit financially himself..
His board have left him to get on with it as this quick buck making exercise has failed.. they aren't prepared to put anymore work and time into it..
Donald is lost,skint, adtift,rudderless and alone.. How much more can he take before he is forced to give up and cut his losses.
Time will tell.. But how much damage will have been done to our club until then
Play off defeat was the nail in the coffin,if anything we overachieved last season, I agree he was looking to make a quick buck,there are not many businesses where the bloke selling takes the debt with him... SD got lucky and Short deserves credit for falling on his sword....SD is in the shit and his mates have gone....it's shocking to think where we are now....we are the biggest club ever to make such a fall and can't see any way back in the short term, the players are not playing for PP and they don't give a fuck....look at the slide since BSA. The likes of Leeds, Wolves etc have been down in Lge 1 but don't recall the demise that exists here... starting to lose the love

I don't think he ever meant to flip us, but he did expect to be better at running the club than he is so didn't expect to look certain to still be in league one next season with no particularly saleable assets and a dreadful side. Given that that's what he's got, it's doubtful whether he can fund it now and likely needs to leave

Wait until Saturday..could get toxic

I posted the other week though that he was unemployed at the time and there wasn't a queue of clubs banging on his door. He should have been offered a deal till the end of the season and then take it from there, take it or leave it. If he wanted 2 1/2 years at the interview stage Donald should have told him to go and fuck himself

What I've been told is we wanted Ainsworth but only offered him 6 months. He pied us so went to Parkinson and offered him 6 months and he pied us. We went back to Ainsworth with longer term contract who pied us again for f***ing him around so we went back to Parkinson and gave him what he wanted.
I don't think he ever meant to flip us, but he did expect to be better at running the club than he is so didn't expect to look certain to still be in league one next season with no particularly saleable assets and a dreadful side. Given that that's what he's got, it's doubtful whether he can fund it now and likely needs to leave

Disagree tbh. He's been trying to sell it since the first day he took over. 'Budget championship clubs will be envious of' wasn't for the fans benefit. Neither was the barrage of PR that followed. Now he's got 10 million from the Americans, and his hands are tied, the PR guru has gone, and Donald and Walter Mitty taglines have vanished.

Last edited:
What I've been told is we wanted Ainsworth but only offered him 6 months. He pied us so went to Parkinson and offered him 6 months and he pied us. We went back to Ainsworth with longer term contract who pied us again for f***ing him around so we went back to Parkinson and gave him what he wanted.

Disagree tbh. He's been trying to sell it since the first day he took over. 'Budget championship clubs will be envious of' wasn't for the fans benefit. Neither was the barrage of PR that followed. Now he's got 10 million from the Americans, and his hands are tied, the PR guru has gone, and Donald and Walter Mitty taglines have vanished.
:lol: I got that text too. Amateur hour.

:lol: I got that text too. Amateur hour.

f***ing hell!

We ate fucked with this lot in charge!

We heard rumours from the start that they were touting younguns about for a bit of compo and didnt have a pot to piss in. I for one didnt believe it, definitely didnt want to and told myself its parents of kids who have fucked off to arsenal, liverpool trying to justify it to other people when asked.

But I can see it being true. The club made no effort to persuade them to stay as they were happy to get the pennies in.

He never had the money to run this club, it's been kept going by parachute payments. Even with those payments they have made huge cuts to the playing squad, which is now so shit we are more likely to go down. There will be no money to improve it. Our kids that had promise have already gone in Maja and Asoro.

Any promising kids from the next batch have moved on from what we hear, sure people will be more aware of what we have at that level than me, and the kids we have left behind are getting f***ing hammered every week.

If he doesn't sell to someone with money to put in we are fucked as a club, i get the feeling our facilities are too big to be sustainable at this level and financially we cant keep going.

Last edited:
f***ing hell!

We heard rumours from the start that they were touting younguns about for a bit of compo and didnt have a pot to piss in. I for one didnt believe it, definitely didnt want to and told myself its parents of kids who have fucked off to arsenal, liverpool trying to justify it to other people when asked.

But I can see it being true. The club made no effort to persuade them to stay as they were happy to get the pennies in.

He never had the money to run this club, it's been kept going by parachute payments. Even with those payments they have made huge cuts to the playing squad, which is now so shit we are more likely to go down. There will be no money to improve it. Our kids that had promise have already gone in Maja and Asoro.

Any promising kids from the next batch have moved on from what we hear, sure people will be more aware of what we have at that level than me, and the kids we have left behind are getting f***ing hammered every week.

If he doesn't sell to someone with money to put in we are fucked as a club, i get the feeling our facilities are too big to be sustainable at this level and financially we cant keep going.
Correct.

The Academy will be mothballed before long - you watch.

f***ing hell!

I think they were. Methven went on the podcast an was very specific about saying we cant tout young players about to sell them because we effectively don't own them. He avoided mentioning touting them for compo, which is something we can do. He then went on to say its because they make friends playing for England and that's why they leave. There was a parent on one of th kids on here straight after furious with that comment as it was total bullshit.

Donald and Methven have a history on fixating on minute specific details to deny the main theory is correct. That whole daily mail article (which came out as being correct) they spent a podcast focusing mostly on how they got the figure 3 million pound off what it actually was.

Last edited:
Correct.

The Academy will be mothballed before long - you watch.

They made a big deal of the academy being cat 1 or whatever it is. Not much point when all the prospects are f***ing off! Also said they want to bring kids through get them into the first team and sell them when they are big names, not a bad business model for a club. Again how when they are going well before. Also looking at results and stories going about sounds like they couldnt give a shite about the kids.

Now is it because they were talking shit all along and were saying the right things to keep fans happy as they hoped for promotion and a quick sell or were they just incompetent?

I think they were. Methven went on the podcast an was very specific about saying we cant tout young players about to sell them because we effectively don't own them. He avoided mentioning touting them for compo, which is something we can do. He then went on to say its because they make friends playing for England and that's why they leave. There was a parent on one of th kids on here straight after furious with that comment as it was total bullshit.

Donald and Methven have a history on fixating on minute specific details to deny the main theory is correct. That whole daily mail article (which came out as being correct) they spent a podcast focusing mostly on how they got the figure 3 million pound off what it actually was.

Yeah that parent has said they never heard from anyone at the club wanting them to stay and in contrast was made to feel wanted and like there was a plan to develop them at the club they went to. I didnt listen to the podcast as I started to feel like we are being fed lies, like listening to a politician which is ironic given what roll he has left for, but that sounds like he thinks we are stupid (I know he does and these is multiple examples of it). They get friends when playing with England and leave for that? What the fuck like they have no friends at the club at home or at school?

Makes me f***ing sick that we could see local lads playing at liverpool, arsenal cause them two clowns thought a few grand now was better.

What article from the daily mail?

Back