Donald says 1 transfer incoming could end up being 3

I agree we need a left back. I also agree that the 3 players you mention are not upto much either.

My concern is that the recruitment team who purchased those 3 players 12 months ago are the same recruitment team purchasing this new left back and centre back we need.

Argument against that would obviously be that scouting / recruitment team was cut back and new in the roles and that we were under pressure to get players in at that point having gaps in many areas. Now they've had more time in the roles, scouting is meant to have been increased and they've had more time to identify players.

Whether that makes any difference I remain to be convinced, but there's no suprise some signed in hast last summer haven't been up to task.

Argument against that would obviously be that scouting / recruitment team was cut back and new in the roles and that we were under pressure to get players in at that point having gaps in many areas. Now they've had more time in the roles, scouting is meant to have been increased and they've had more time to identify players.

Whether that makes any difference I remain to be convinced, but there's no suprise some signed in hast last summer haven't been up to task.
Indeed. Our January signings.....

So, Willis looks decent.

We obviously need a left back as Stewart Donald admitted that himself ("to provide competition for Denver"). We also need a left footed centre back to give us better balance as all of our centre halves are right footed.

I'm not sure that Donald has said all three would be defenders, the way I read it he was saying the lads he expects to sign next week are defensive. Hopefully a left back and a big centre half to compete with Ozturk. Hopefully somehow manage to shift Loovens.
If we were going to sign another player after that I'd rather it was quick physical forward/ winger.

I think O'Nein has established himself now as a RB. That's where hes played his best football for us.

Hope not. Look how easy Gareth Evans ran off him yesterday. Was the one they pulled back and Ozturk blocked just ahead of the keeper. Lad didn’t have a clue where the danger was. All to familiar when he’s RB

I'm sure you are and I'm happy to accept it on face value as well (although it's easier for me to accept because it fits with my line of thoughts on the matter). It just doesn't prove anything whatsoever let alone 100%.

'Did you murder that man?'

"No"

"Well that proves 100% you didn't so that's good enough for me"
He said that he unilaterally upped the offer by half a million - and in turn paid a fee that the football management of the team would say was too much - for Grigg. Not sure that’s the vindication and exemplary good behaviour that people might think it is tbh.

That Toffolo from Lincoln has looked decent (in the admittedly very limited amount I've seen him). 23 year old. Scored yesterday as well.

What's he like @Swindon On Tour ?

Not a bad player at all.
You won’t find many decent footballers like him.
First week at Swindon was doing charity work in the community.
Would have liked him back and doing well at Lincoln.
A good signing.

You don't like Sunderland players, do you? ;)
:lol: I genuinely do feel like Baldwin is shite. Ozturk has done well when he has come into the team, he just seems susceptible to losing his position/man and in turn, pulling them back and giving away fouls. Willis looks a great buy at this level though

Back