Donald says 1 transfer incoming could end up being 3

Need pace and attackers ffs not defenders

We need a left back with some urgency, more so than any other position.

We need a good solid 6ft 2in+ centre half and rid ourselves of two from Flanagan, Baldwin, Loovens.

Then a wide player.

could do with cover at right back is Onien is going to be used in midfield, maybe a loan.

alright saying we don't need defenders after today, but we do - left back and a centre half.

We need a good solid 6ft 2in+ centre half and rid ourselves of two from Flanagan, Baldwin, Loovens.

Then a wide player.

could do with cover at right back is Onien is going to be used in midfield, maybe a loan.

alright saying we don't need defenders after today, but we do - left back and a centre half.
I would settle for 1 CB out, 1 in; the LB is needed in as we have already lost 2 of those.
I'd be happy if signing #3 was a wide man (but not in the ex-Tranmere Rovers captain sense; he was wide as a house).

Listening to the podcast and what he was saying about Madison I’ve got a sneaky feeling we’ll be seeing him in a Sunderland shirt after 2nd September. Feel free to bookmark

Listening to the podcast and what he was saying about Madison I’ve got a sneaky feeling we’ll be seeing him in a Sunderland shirt after 2nd September. Feel free to bookmark
I haven't listened to it all, what did he have to say about Maddison? How far into the podcast did it get mentioned? Cheers

Mentioned him specifically and that no one had came in for him before the window closed, it might be just me hearing what I want to here though. Lol
Cheers. ..I'll have to have a listen when I get time
about mid way thrpugh,...said simply no one in the champo wants maddison..no one has come in for him for the money pteterborough want..
Peterborough have started very slowly despite spending on new signings, can they afford to let him go ?

Last edited:

Then a wide player.

we have three right backs at the club..mcloughlin should be first choice, onien second choice and flanagan third choice, you wont get a better reserve right baxck than onien or a better third choice one than flanagan..
mcloughlin was right back on the league one team of the season last time he was here..

so we need a left back for sure..we have lots of cbs would be nice to have another but hard to see one being available thats an upgrade on willis..

Peterborough have started very slowly despite spending on new signings, can they afford to let him go ?
tyhink its a release clause in his contract..if someone bids a certain amount he can go..but its a very large amount of money..£2.5m..

It is concerning if they don't think we need another attacking player who actually has an end product.

Where are the goals coming from?

McNulty - Yes
Wyke - Not many
McGeady - Yes
Maguire - Yes
Grigg - No
Watmore - Always injured
Leadbitter - No
Power - No
Dobson - No
McGeouch - No

This is one of the main reasons why we struggle to kill teams off, we simply don't have enough players that can create and convert chances.

Don’t think he started their first game, came on a sub. Their chairman is playing games with the price they’ve put on his head, 1 year left on his contract and a £2.5 million release clause. Definitely won’t get that price, time for Stewart to do some wheeling and dealing.

It is concerning if they don't think we need another attacking player who actually has an end product.

Where are the goals coming from?

McNulty - Yes
Wyke - Not many
McGeady - Yes
Maguire - Yes
Grigg - No
Watmore - Always injured
Leadbitter - No
Power - No
Dobson - No
McGeouch - No

This is one of the main reasons why we struggle to kill teams off, we simply don't have enough players that can create and convert chances.
Well we will be crushed in the rush for his signature then.

Back