Don Goodman podcast

People forget his comments when he left us .
¹
He deserved it. Wanker.
Maybe. But if it's given out, you have to be prepared to take it. That's just footie innit. FWIW, Don has been horrendously kind to me in my career, so I can't speaking highly enough of him.
Bet he didn’t tell the story about getting his arse kicked in the Boathouse in Durham!
When the Mags tried to mess with him and Bally? Did you mean Scotty or Don?

Last edited:

Sorry, wires crossed.

Scott. Although Bally was there too.
Little skirmish following on from one or two Hartlepool United incidents!

Sorry, wires crossed.

Scott. Although Bally was there too.
Little skirmish following on from one or two Hartlepool United incidents!
Ah, I thought you meant Don - he does mention that on part 2. Think it was fairly well known some Mags had kicked off with them and...well...the rest is history.

Wasn't very complimentary about us when he left.
I recall the very words he used

I'm going to a bigger & better club than Sunderland

Amazingly we won the league & wolves got relegated 😂
For those of us old enough to remember him, I spoke to Big Bad Don for a few hours the other week and stuck part 1 out today.

I know a few of you have enjoyed the series and thought you may enjoy 👍

I can't recall that yellow & black top

That looks awesome

Last edited:
Had a beer with him in the hotel after the play-off final. In summary (even though I was f***ing smashed by 1am) :

He was genuinely gutted we lost, but thought Charlton were the better team.
Couldn't understand the tactics from....(I've even forgotten his name now).
Still has a 'Big Bad Don' T-Shirt
Has great memories of his time at SAFC.
Wasn't very complimentary about us when he left.

Who is about the club? Seeing a pattern emerging here?

Last edited:
For those of us old enough to remember him, I spoke to Big Bad Don for a few hours the other week and stuck part 1 out today.

Thanks for this. Can you get Steve Bould? I started a thread about him the other week and he is very well liked due to his excellent performances. I would be interested to hear what he thought of it here.

Thanks for this. Can you get Steve Bould? I started a thread about him the other week and he is very well liked due to his excellent performances. I would be interested to hear what he thought of it here.
Hes at Arsenal, so likely well protected by club media.
I’m glad you concentrate on the older stuff as you’d probably get the same cliche’d responsesif you asked about the current state of SAFC
I don't want to depress myself.

Last edited:
Had a beer with him in the hotel after the play-off final. In summary (even though I was f***ing smashed by 1am) :

He was genuinely gutted we lost, but thought Charlton were the better team.
Couldn't understand the tactics from....(I've even forgotten his name now).
Still has a 'Big Bad Don' T-Shirt
Has great memories of his time at SAFC.

Who is about the club? Seeing a pattern emerging here?
What?

Speak as you find, I bumped into him in the Main Stand car park at Roker Park. He was very friendly and very good with my son who was just a young un then.
Thanks mate. Got Wes Brown and Martin Scott over the next few weeks too when I get a second to edit it. Martin Scott told some great stories.
Can you ask Wes “ Does Dawn Ward really owe his missus £500k ? “

Last edited:
Speak as you find, I bumped into him in the Main Stand car park at Roker Park. He was very friendly and very good with my son who was just a young un then.

Can you ask Wes “ Does Dawn Ward really owe his missus £500k ? “
I cant, sorry. I find marking Messi a tad more interesting 😂. Don is a really nice guy. Like you say, speak as you find.

Used to love him. He had a very distinct sprint (looked like a chicken, with his chest puffed out) which I used to try and copy at school. Sad but true

Back