Don’t leave your keys in your car

Not sure what happened to the thread @Toronado started about his car being nicked after leaving his keys in.

Same thing just happened to someone at the shop on Tunstall Vale.

Probably worth reminding people that there are opportunistic scum who will steal owt given half a chance.

Opportunist thieves.
1. Might be just doing something else, light on their way to their mates house, but see an opportunity, and if its worth anything, they'll have it.

Car, bike and more from the past than now, a pint of milk off someones doorstep.

I was out on my bike about a year back and past a bloke who looked a bit dodgy. I went past him and looked back. He was trying all the car doors he passed.

My neighbour, who should be a be a bit more clued up, goes on holiday and leaves his upstairs windows just slightly ajar so the rooms get a bit of air while he's away.

I've told my wife, a thief will spot the slightly open window from 50 yards off. Stands out like a sore thumb, but he is a bit of a know it all, and has been burgled at least twice that i know of.

Everybody makes mistakes, but some people are a bit dim.

Heard Focus STs have a big issue with this and their keyless start etc. I never let my keys out my sight. The people who leave their keys on the table at the pub when they go for a piss, they must be nuts.

Opportunist thieves.
1. Might be just doing something else, light on their way to their mates house, but see an opportunity, and if its worth anything, they'll have it.

Car, bike and more from the past than now, a pint of milk off someones doorstep.

I was out on my bike about a year back and past a bloke who looked a bit dodgy. I went past him and looked back. He was trying all the car doors he passed.

My neighbour, who should be a be a bit more clued up, goes on holiday and leaves his upstairs windows just slightly ajar so the rooms get a bit of air while he's away.

I've told my wife, a thief will spot the slightly open window from 50 yards off. Stands out like a sore thumb, but he is a bit of a know it all, and has been burgled at least twice that i know of.

Everybody makes mistakes, but some people are a bit dim.
Me and my lass came out of our house in the 90s to go choose a dvd ,two boys walking past as we did
came back and the door had about a 2mil of play on it ,even though it was locked
luckily i locked the extra lock further down the door as well as the latch
they must have turned round and had a few runs at the door

i did it with a 18650 2500mah li-ion mod battery(like the video) and a set of keys luckily i felt it getting hot and took it out of my pocket
That's the weird thing I felt no heat whatsoever. When I was changing for work I saw the damage. 2 Double A's and 3 pound coins was all it was.

Did you suffer much damage?

Back