Domestic abuse victim found on the verge of death

That boiling water torture was horrific. Still, 7 1/2 years in the clink will undoubtedly solve her mental health issues.

Watched a program on TV last night which highlighted this case. That lass was a bloody nutter, the cop who rescued him was so remorseful about not acting sooner on a previous call out to their home. Unfortunately this case is probably the tip of the iceberg regarding blokes suffering this type of abuse.

I used to work with a bloke who suffered this for years from his wife. He used to come into work with bruises all over. Being blokes we never discussed or mentioned it.

Awful story and you can't help but feel for the lad. When you've got kids it is very difficult for blokes because if you walk away you know access might be difficult, you worry whether it'll affect the child's mental wellbeing, you end up wanting to stay even when you know it isn't healthy. That being said, if my lass poured boiling water over me and stabbed me with a bread knife I'd kick the fuck out of her. Of course, had he done that he'd probably be the one in trouble and would definitely have trouble seeing the kids. Glad she's in prison and he seems to have started to recover

I used to work with a bloke who suffered this for years from his wife. He used to come into work with bruises all over. Being blokes we never discussed or mentioned it.
I played rugby with a lad in Hartlepool for years, big strong lad; Inside Centre. Very good, hard player; used to get knocked to fuck by their lass all the time. He'd always been told that 'you don't hit girls' so just 'took it like a man'. Horrible bitch played on that!!

I played rugby with a lad in Hartlepool for years, big strong lad; Inside Centre. Very good, hard player; used to get knocked to fuck by their lass all the time. He'd always been told that 'you don't hit girls' so just 'took it like a man'. Horrible bitch played on that!!
Why not just leave then?

Silly comment that like.
I just don’t get it. Deprived of food? Just go and get some man. And unless she was attacking him in his sleep, why didn’t he just stop her and sit on her til she calmed down? She’s tiny. I don’t know how any man can be bullied like this.

I worked with a fella who's wife was mentally abusing him. Constantly suggesting she would leave him and not allow him access to the kids. At one point she said she would fly back to China and basically disappear there so he could never track his own kids down. It was over petty stuff too, just general stuff. If she decided he hadn't bought her flowers in a while then out came the threats. he became a nervous wreck too, used to be real laid back.

he showed me a text once that said something like 'don't forget, you might come back after work today and we are all gone and you will never hear from us again' . It was in response to him saying he was going for beers with people at work

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked with a fella who's wife was mentally abusing him. Constantly suggesting she would leave him and not allow him access to the kids. At one point she said she would fly back to China and basically disappear there so he could never track his own kids down. It was over petty stuff too, just general stuff. If she decided he hadn't bought her flowers in a while then out came the threats. he became a nervous wreck too, used to be real laid back.

he showed me a text once that said something like 'don't forget, you might come back after work today and we are all gone and you will never hear from us again' . It was in response to him saying he was going for beers with people at work
Mental abuse is something different though. They all do that. Think they can say whatever they like and the man will do nothing.
But this physical thing is a whole different ball game.

I just don’t get it. Deprived of food? Just go and get some man. And unless she was attacking him in his sleep, why didn’t he just stop her and sit on her til she calmed down? She’s tiny. I don’t know how any man can be bullied like this.
She was attacking him then also. Poured a boiling kettle on him when he was kipping.

I caught most of the TV program on BBC after getting back from the match. Will be on iPlayer.

Back