Dole

I thought it was about £75 a week and help with your housing if you rent. Still pretty damn hard to live on that for your utility bills, food, toiletries and that but it's a bit better than a hundred quid a fortnight.
But, but I thought you could buy a wide screen telly, an iPhone, XBox and 500 tabs a week with it and still have enough to go to the pub and get bladdered every night. It said so in the papers

Are your gas, leccy, water etc paid or do they come out of that too?

Afaik they come out of that.

Council tax and housing benefit are separate though.

Never been in the position myself so a little hazy on the specifics. I reckon I’d struggle like fuck so I’ll probably sell worn underwear on eBay before going on the rock n roll.

Was on about a decade ago. Was taking forever for them to process my claim. Had to keep going in each week for a crisis loan giro. Once they processed my claim they never back dated the payment. Jump forward six years and they came after me for the crisis loans. Asked them for proof they hadn't been paid (assumed that's why my claim hadn't been back dated). Sent me what looked like recycled bog roll with a few numbers on. Asked for all evidence relating to the loans and they just docked my wages instead. Was brass as they just took the lot in a oner bunch of bastards.

no, its the jobseekers responsibility
no its the jobseekers responsibility.
you do get full council rate housing benefit paid and council tax. Equates to around about a single person earning £280 a week , taking the payment,housing ben and c/tax plus around an average tax payment.

if your on jobseekers and live in a council prooerty and fall within the bedroom guidance you will get it paid, if your in a say 2 or 3 bedroom property and single, you wont.
There's a tiny amount of 1 bedroom social housing properties, the problem I have is your post made it look like it was the "norm" it isnt.

There's a tiny amount of 1 bedroom social housing properties, the problem I have is your post made it look like it was the "norm" it isnt.
believe me it is, my area is awash with 1 bed flats Gentoo and private rented properties. Mostly are being claimed for by housing benefit tennants. The areas only attract benefit customers and very low incomme workers.

Back