Dole

I thought it was about £75 a week and help with your housing if you rent. Still pretty damn hard to live on that for your utility bills, food, toiletries and that but it's a bit better than a hundred quid a fortnight.

Only had one experience with it, despite filling in the forms religiously for a brief 2 month period when unemployed they didn't give me a penny.

Borrowed money from a family member to see me through then paid back out of the first wage from my new job.

The twats had the cheek to then tax me a ridiculous amount claiming I'd had 8 weeks of JSA.

Only had one experience with it, despite filling in the forms religiously for a brief 2 month period when unemployed they didn't give me a penny.

Borrowed money from a family member to see me through then paid back out of the first wage from my new job.

The twats had the cheek to then tax me a ridiculous amount claiming I'd had 8 weeks of JSA.
Surely you could have proved that you hadn't received any jsa.

Surely you could have proved that you hadn't received any jsa.

I did, I got back what they took and changed to the correct tax code.

Was more the fact that they were sharp enough to tax me yet couldn't sort out giving me anything despite meeting all of their requirements in an 8 week period.

The real disheartening thing was I filled in three of them little books they give you in one week such was the volume of jobs I was applying for, yet there were blokes clearly never worked a day in their life who the staff were helping fill in I think 10 jobs for the week when they walked in despite knowing there was no way they were being hired.

Back