Dog walking etiquette...

I now have quite a decent criss cross pattern of scratch marks on my torso & chest & teeth marks on my wrist! Had to drag mine out of the way of a cocckerpoo & spaniel, both off the lead trying to attack mine (on his lead!). I'm not 100% which one bit me otherwise I'd be getting the police involved. Could just as easily have been mine given the melee that ensued. Bloke gave a "sorry, mate" as he fucked off...
Our patterdale had a problem with black labs when he was a young un but all of a sudden he stopped being snappy with them. Nowadays all he wants to do is sniff other dogs arses. There is still 2 dogs he would love to have a ruck with, one being next doors rotty, but just don’t give him the chance.

Our patterdale had a problem with black labs when he was a young un but all of a sudden he stopped being snappy with them. Nowadays all he wants to do is sniff other dogs arses. There is still 2 dogs he would love to have a ruck with, one being next doors rotty, but just don’t give him the chance.
About 10 minutes before we had our run in, I'd put him back on his lead in the woods across the golf course. A massive dog fox come out of the trees which my little twat absolutely would've chased & probably been killed:cry: Not just other dogs that's a worry...

About 10 minutes before we had our run in, I'd put him back on his lead in the woods across the golf course. A massive dog fox come out of the trees which my little twat absolutely would've chased & probably been killed:cry: Not just other dogs that's a worry...
Henry would probably do the same, he has a squirrel and rabbit to his name so would probably like to take his chances with something bigger. Luckily, don’t see anything bigger down the beach.

I would say any dog over a certain size (or certain breeds) should be muzzled in public. I realise any dog can bite but I'll take my chance with that little chihuahua down the road before I do with that git big Japanese fighting dog type

I wouldn’t trust the little snappy ones as far as I can throw them. Chihuahuas are ruined by their owners because they’re cute, then they turn as nasty as any dog thinking they’re the boss and getting over-protective. I don’t trust terriers either, after a Yorkie hung off my finger by its teeth - wouldn’t let go for love nor money.

Dogs aren’t people, and should be under control at all times unless you’re definitely alone. I don’t think muzzles need to be compulsory for the dog, it’s the owners that are the problem being unable (or unwilling) to correctly judge their dog’s behaviour that is the real issue.

I wouldn’t trust the little snappy ones as far as I can throw them. Chihuahuas are ruined by their owners because they’re cute, then they turn as nasty as any dog thinking they’re the boss and getting over-protective. I don’t trust terriers either, after a Yorkie hung off my finger by its teeth - wouldn’t let go for love nor money.

Dogs aren’t people, and should be under control at all times unless you’re definitely alone. I don’t think muzzles need to be compulsory for the dog, it’s the owners that are the problem being unable (or unwilling) to correctly judge their dog’s behaviour that is the real issue.
I understand where you are coming from with this but the main factor , for me, is that if a small dog attacks a kid or another dog even it can be fought off by an average adult. Some dogs out there are far too big to be comfortably fought off.

I don't know if you are on about the op there but it's the fckwits who get a big aggressive dog and don't know how to handle it that concern me

Mine can be funny around other Dogs like and as a result she’s never let off her lead. Some people are f***ing idiots however and don’t have the same sense.

Until recently I lived facing a field/green. During our time at that home, every member of our household was attacked and bitten by dogs let off leads, myself multiple times for having the temerity to leave for work on a motorcycle each morning. Dog owners are among the most selfish, ignoran

...reet, having a rant. WTF is wrong with people letting their dogs run radged around fields, unable to recall them, shouting their stupid f***ing dog's names who completely ignore them, then have a go at me cos I swing my byeut at their precious fashion accessory when it tries to attack my little derg.
I would toe any dog that attacked my westie.

...reet, having a rant. WTF is wrong with people letting their dogs run radged around fields, unable to recall them, shouting their stupid f***ing dog's names who completely ignore them, then have a go at me cos I swing my byeut at their precious fashion accessory when it tries to attack my little derg.

Update:-
This afternoon's frustrations were pretty much down to my impatience & the dog being a little radge packet. I have various coping strategies which mainly involve moving away from others walking their dogs or distracting mine. I've been out most of the afternoon, right across the woods & golf course. Apart from one isolated incident whereby neither the mutt or a small rabbit realised each other was there until the rabbit leapt up, fortunately close to a burrow! Hell on until I got him away.
I hadn't realised it was late enough in the day for the rest of the dog walking fraternity to be out! I had to cross the last field leading home watching 4 different sets of people & dogs. I worked out that a Great Circle route, skirting the field perimeter would cause the least amount of angst & give the sheep a wide berth. I had not however accounted for a little, dumpy woman & her little, dumpy dog walking at snails pace then stopping to talk to everybody else coming through the gate with a dog. (I am slightly jealous of this, as such amiable chat is quite fraught with a Tasmanian devil on a lead!) I stood for ages while she explained to everybody who stopped what her dog was (I didn't't catch what he was, sort of a frizzy Bassett Hound). She then, thankfully, went through the gate but stopped again, directly the other side. Fuck it, I thought & bimbled through. True to form, he barked like fuck at her dog & she looked at me like I was at fault!
Good stress reliever, a walk out with the dog...
You've gone from you'd fight to defend your "little derg" from being attacked to it's "a little radge packet" and a "Tasmanian devil" which seems to want to attack anything that moves

:lol:

So your dog is a little soft shite, cowering behind your coat tails? The equivalent of the bullied kids when I was at school. Why don't you see if you can order a little Iron Maiden or Slayer T-shirt for it? That's what most of the twerps used to gravitate towards. Obviously, not only did it not work but it was actually a magnet for twats. A black hole for bullys.

Last edited:
So your dog is a little soft shite, cowering behind your coat tails? The equivalent of the bullied kids when I was at school. Why don't you see if you can order a little Iron Maiden or Slayer T-shirt for it? That's what most of the twerps used to gravitate towards. Obviously, not only did it not work but it was actually a magnet for twats. A black hole for bullys.
Give it time mate
Half way thru the thread it turns into the Tasmanian devil ready to attack anything it goes near

People who let their dogs off in a park where kids are playing need a good shoeing.

As for the OP, what little dog is this? And yes I think you are well within your rights to protect your dog from other dogs if they are being unruly. They're the other owners responsibility
Na
Ower dog would be a sod as he would play with the kids. No bother at all. Only on the lead when there were cats about but 100% otherwise a we taught him well.

You've gone from you'd fight to defend your "little derg" from being attacked to it's "a little radge packet" and a "Tasmanian devil" which seems to want to attack anything that moves

:lol:
He's a terrier mate, would fight his own reflection, but I keep him on the lead. Others, especially cockerfuckingpoo owners seem to think it's ok to let their dogs run off the lead.

Pain in the arse when out running, I like dogs, but I don’t like them scratching at the back of my legs or setting about me because I’m a moving target, it’s really ignorant,

I have to put one of mind on a lead if I see a runner as he tries to round runners up and bring them to me :oops::oops:

No, he'd fight his corner more than capably. I'm not portraying him or me as innocents in all this, we kind of reflect each others personality. I am aware that he is a little twat therefore I keep him on a lead where there are other dogs. Others don't, their dogs run at mine, mucho snarling, snapping & scrapping with me having to get in between them. Lots of them are cockerpoos
No, he'd fight his corner more than capably. I'm not portraying him or me as innocents in all this, we kind of reflect each others personality. I am aware that he is a little twat therefore I keep him on a lead where there are other dogs. Others don't, their dogs run at mine, mucho snarling, snapping & scrapping with me having to get in between them. Lots of them are cockerpoos
Just checked, haven't got any band t-shirts...
Anyone else find it odd that the same owner is getting attacked by dogs every time he goes out? Different dogs too.
For clarity, bonny lad, my dog gets attacked, not me. I keep my dog under control on a lead, others don't...

Last edited:

Just checked, haven't got any band t-shirts...

For clarity, bonny lad, my dog gets attacked, not me. I keep my dog under control on a lead, others don't...
Yeah, though it does seem odd when in most places dogs attacking dogs is rare, but from what you post it seems that when you leave the house dogs appear from miles around to attack your dog like it is some sort of magnet. Do you cover it in raw meat and gravy before you go out? A dog getting attacked by many different dogs in a short space of time is very unusual.

I have to put one of mind on a lead if I see a runner as he tries to round runners up and bring them to me :oops::oops:

Being vigilant is half the battle and if you see someone running after them it’s not so bad, it’s when I’m being set about and they are on their phones paying no attention I get frustrated!

Yeah, though it does seem odd when in most places dogs attacking dogs is rare, but from what you post it seems that when you leave the house dogs appear from miles around to attack your dog like it is some sort of magnet. Do you cover it in raw meat and gravy before you go out? A dog getting attacked by many different dogs in a short space of time is very unusual.
Walking a dog in a popular dog walking area?
No issues today but I think all the dogs are too paggered to bother...

Last edited:

Back