Dog theft on the rise

Churchlanelad

Central Defender

Not surprising with the way prices for puppies have gone in the last few years. Designer cross breeds are easily passing the 1k mark, and since they are crosses there is no issue with kennel club registration.

I would never leave mine tied up outside a shop.

I haven't read the whole article, but it made no mention of the reasons dogs and other small pets are stolen. The pedigree ones most likely for ransom or sell on value. But the poor mongrels will most likely be for dog fighting bait. Dogs treated by their monetary value only. Just property. So mongrels and cross breeds are worth very little. No incentive to investigate. And the sentences mentioned in that article are a joke. People who engage in dog fighting are proper scum.

I'm 6'1" and 14 odd stone........the thought of dogs being used as bait makes me cry..I'd happily do jail time for beating any of those scum bastards to death....

Not surprising with the way prices for puppies have gone in the last few years. Designer cross breeds are easily passing the 1k mark, and since they are crosses there is no issue with kennel club registration.

I would never leave mine tied up outside a shop.
How on earth Tesco’s, Asda’s, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s haven’t got someone hanging around to watch people’s dogs while they pop in to get there shoppings beyond me. Instant attraction.
Probably in the market for a dog in the new year. May get one cheaper if it’s only got six months left on its contract. Almost 99% gonna be a mutt.

Last edited:

Back