DOG INSURANCE...

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
140??? Per month??
He developed epilepsy at the age of 4 so was on a high dosage of drugs.
He had a compressed part of his spine which caused other issues.
He couldn't absorb fat from his food so required medication for that.
The monthly premiums went from £15 per month to £70.
£140 was what we were paying when he died.
He was only 7 :(
The avatar pic is him in better health and how I'll remember him.

Sorry to hear that. Lovely dog

PetPlan have paid out over £13k for our choc lab owa the last 4 years like (poor dog has nee luck). Started off paying £35 when he was a pup and paying approx £50pm now. £85 excess per condition per year etc.
Never had any trouble with them paying out like and we've had a canny few claims in

my staffy what i had for nearly 13 yrs started having fits like, absolutely horrific to see and hope i never have to witness anything like that again. he ended up dosed upto the tits in the end to stop him having them, awful!

Has pet insurance gone up a lot in recent years? We got a dog around 2003, got him insured and I dont remember it being much. Have not got my new dog insured yet, but it does seem very expensive. Like someone said, far more than car or house insurance.

Just about to sort the above for my 10 month old labrador and wonder if anyone can recommend a good pet insurer that theyve had no bother with eg prompt pay when things have gone wrong, helpful etc ?

Loads on comparethemarket - dont like this excess PLUS 5% OF THE COST OF ANY OPERATION ETC MALARKEY !

Cheers in anticipation

Around £12 per month.
Check Tesco’s I think they do a decent one.

Poor thing. Well done for taking the effort to really care for him.

Just about to sort the above for my 10 month old labrador and wonder if anyone can recommend a good pet insurer that theyve had no bother with eg prompt pay when things have gone wrong, helpful etc ?

Loads on comparethemarket - dont like this excess PLUS 5% OF THE COST OF ANY OPERATION ETC MALARKEY !

Cheers in anticipation
M&S..... had loads of payouts for ongoing treatment and never quible.

More than were good. Dog had cancer, bills amounted to about £2500, only paid excess of £180.
Think we paid sbout £30 per month.

More than were good. Dog had cancer, bills amounted to about £2500, only paid excess of £180.
Think we paid sbout £30 per month.

With my old dog, he had a stomach cancer and we didn't know until right at the end. Took him in when he was clearly feeling very unwell, they give him xrays and decided they needed to open him up to explore further. Found it very wide spread and we had to do the kindest thing for him (8 years on and I'm a bit choked remembering and writing this!). When we went back in to say goodbye, the vet quietly said, we have your insurance details, we will sort it out and that was it. I'd have hated to go through all that then have a hefty bill at the end of the day.

I must get sorted with my latest dog.

We have just insured our new puppy George a red setter with Equine and life for approx £18.00 A month

If that's George in your avatar he's a great looking mut. We pick our puppy up in 3 weeks (wire fox terrier).

As for our pup insurance we will be going with John Lewis based on previous research.

If that's George in your avatar he's a great looking mut. We pick our puppy up in 3 weeks (wire fox terrier).

As for our pup insurance we will be going with John Lewis based on previous research.

Yes, that's George he looks a bit different to that piccy as he is now 5 months old.
Should be fun when you get yours

Our Dog (pictured left) sadly passed way 2 weeks ago aged 13.
We had him insured through Asda and the premiums went up every year.
We never had a claim in as he never had an illness but they have just refunded £120 for some reason

Back