Does Sunderland have a Heroin problem?

This. Psychologically addiction doesn't differ between drugs, gambling etc., it's only degrees which differ

Of course, chemically they can be different. From what I gather it f***ing knacks coming off a lot of drugs.

the wifey opposite our lass in the ward, was walking like she had a real bad back - always fidgeting, in and out her bed every 2 minutes, and she thought people were looking at her all the time when they weren't.

You’ve also got to factor in the willingness of Doctor’s to prescribe opiate painkillers. That’s led to a huge issue in America, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it has an effect over here, but with our nhs we (hopefully) won’t suddenly stop a person’s prescription, which in the US has led to loads of people seeking out smack to take the edge off the withdrawal that occurs. Technically I’m a smack-head through my oxycodone prescription for back pain, which I know I’m addicted to and couldn’t just stop without weening off. It’s a sorry state of affairs, really.
the difference is in the US they give opioids out for anything. here they wont give you anything stronger than co-codamol-drydamol without a decent reason to do so. fwiw i have tramadols at home for my shoulder and neck, but i can use them as and when. self discipline and all that.
I grew, sold and smoked pot for years, never even came across heroin users, suppliers or demand once.
if you grew and sold then you won't have had a supplier above you. my friend told me that their pot dealer, after sorting them out some buds a couple of times offered them blow (nothing too alarming) but then a few weeks later offered them crack and 'brown'. thats how a lot of people get into it.

the difference is in the US they give opioids out for anything. here they wont give you anything stronger than co-codamol-drydamol without a decent reason to do so. fwiw i have tramadols at home for my shoulder and neck, but i can use them as and when. self discipline and all that.

if you grew and sold then you won't have had a supplier above you. my friend told me that their pot dealer, after sorting them out some buds a couple of times offered them blow (nothing too alarming) but then a few weeks later offered them crack and 'brown'. thats how a lot of people get into it.

well it obviously does happen, I mainly sold to mates etc so not really the same....how long before krokodil is here or that insanely strong stuff they inject in the Midwest that kills 1 in 3.

not all heroin users are low IQ or scratters - yes they are exposed to this life more, but I bet there are some high rollers in London injecting too.
This too. I know one local addict really well, and he was a smart, bright individual. He just got sucked in to it, after a relationship bust up. I've seen him come out of rehab a few times, and it's like getting an old friend back, but it never lasts. There's too much profit to be made, for the local dealers to leave him alone, and he;s beyond hope now. His health is deteriorating, and I doubt he;ll reach 60.

Users and addiction is a totally different thing. Users aren't noticeable as a rule but addicts tend to be so stand out from the crowd and their behaviour can draw attention to themselves even in a city the size of Sunderland. We have a users and addicts in our nearest town and even 2 in our village of 160 houses.
I wouldn't think the numbers differ much in Sunderland to any other city. Some cities may be lots higher ( I Rembember Leeds had a particularly high number 10 yrs or so ago) but I think Sunderland is pretty normal.
Your lass is just being exposed to a world she's not used too, sadly, it's the normal for some.
I was in having the same Surgery last year and there was an addict on the ward who had just had his leg off. He spoke openly about his issue to people on the ward and wasn't bragging or giving it the bigun. The blokes on the ward were absolutely amazed of his lifestyle and didn't have a clue it went on.

On the money, it's a disgrace what they've done to former service personnel.

I remember getting the bus to uni about 12 year ago and there were a few regulars on the same bus each week who were on their way down Sunniside for their weekly methadone fix. I had to listen to this lad n a lass one morning discussing how "class" it is when they get that fix etc. I think they were from the Lane but can't be certain.

I remember getting the bus to uni about 12 year ago and there were a few regulars on the same bus each week who were on their way down Sunniside for their weekly methadone fix. I had to listen to this lad n a lass one morning discussing how "class" it is when they get that fix etc. I think they were from the Lane but can't be certain.

Sadly, I understand that nothing hits the spot like your first few heroin hits.

There's nee Chemist in Sunniside, unless Jimmy has been branching out at The Beehive like!

Back