Does size matter

Depends what lifestyle you want. Even on that salary youd be looking at 1 bed flat or house share. Whilst it might be ok if you're young & single, but no good if looking to settle down. So then have to move into the commuter belt & spend hours travelling to & from work

Single with no commitments atm so would be find tbh, however in a few years time I'd want to be settling down hopefully. What about the second mentioned salary, is that enough to live on decently with? Couldn't be chewed with travelling hours everyday when there's similarly paid prospects in Manchester and Newcastle
I did 18 months on loan at HoP when they were going digital and it was very enjoyable. You should be able to manage on 28k although life might be a little austere. I'm assuming that at the end of the 2 years you'll become a G7? I've worked with plenty of people in London who were single and that grade and they seemed pretty comfortable generally. Definitely go for it, especially if you're a bit younger.

Yes mate that's right it's the fast stream. It's between the Hop and finance scheme which happens to be UK WIDE so will have to wait and see. Thanks a lot for your input marra as always

Single with no commitments atm so would be find tbh, however in a few years time I'd want to be settling down hopefully. What about the second mentioned salary, is that enough to live on decently with? Couldn't be chewed with travelling hours everyday when there's similarly paid prospects in Manchester and Newcastle

Yes mate that's right it's the fast stream. It's between the Hop and finance scheme which happens to be UK WIDE so will have to wait and see. Thanks a lot for your input marra as always

There were numerous threads on the housing situation during our Wembley trips, and even some of the more grotty family homes were looking at minimum of £400k not too far from there (dunno what zone it is). Which youd provably need a joint income of about £100k just to live in a rough area if you want to buy a 3 bed family home. Prices have probably gone up since then anarl.

If you can get similar salary in Leeds or Manchester (or even Newcastle), petsonally i'd be doing that without question

Does the size of the house you live in really matter if it meets your needs

Not at all, but I suppose if you can afford it you might want a bigger place than you need just so that you can stick a pool table in one room or something. Or if you're with your lass you might want to get a bigger house than you need so that you don't need to move house as soon as you have kids. I don't really see it as something to brag about though.

I've mentioned a few times that I don't live with the missus and the bairn yet, might never happen. Anyway, because of that I've just got a smallish mid terraced house. Didn't want a garden as I couldn't be arsed with the upkeep and I'm at hers every weekend so wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Even so, it's got 2 bedrooms, a front room that's currently just a spare room and the sitting room. So one bedroom and the front room I pretty much never go into. Even a small house is too big for me if anything. I wouldn't want something bigger because I'd be paying for nowt, just more space I wouldn't need. Definitely think I'd rather have a smaller house in a nicer area than a bigger house in a worse one, for me that's more important than the size of the house.

No and why would it ?As long as it’s clean and tidy and the island isn’t full of shit then the size of the house doesn’t matter.
If it’s a tip or the garden is a tip then this matters a lot

Sorry mate to disappoint you but the new one hasn’t got a island either. Hopefully one day

Back