Does size matter

Best advice I can give any youngen starting out is borrow as much as you can as soon as you can and get the biggest and best house you can early as poss.

you’d be laughing all the way to the bank in no time at all.What’s expensive today is cheap tomorrow.

Best advice I was ever given from the first house I purchased.
Have moved up the ladder using the profits from the house sold. In addition to this add an extension if you can as it can add serious value to a property to when you sell it.
It’s all about living where you want to live.
We like a quiet Country village, not overlooked and a decent garden. This won’t appeal to everyone but we both enjoy gardening and I love wildlife, particularly the birds. The nearest shop 3 miles away and rural. Couldn’t live in a Town or City but I’m a Bumpkin.

Best advice I was ever given from the first house I purchased.
Have moved up the ladder using the profits from the house sold. In addition to this add an extension if you can as it can add serious value to a property to when you sell it.
It’s all about living where you want to live.
We like a quiet Country village, not overlooked and a decent garden. This won’t appeal to everyone but we both enjoy gardening and I love wildlife, particularly the birds. The nearest shop 3 miles away and rural. Couldn’t live in a Town or City but I’m a Bumpkin.
If I could go back and correct one thing it would be this.When your young you think and wait for a good time to do it.That time never comes as there is always something so if someone will lend you the money then get it and get that house your after by whatever means.

The best time is now,no f***ing about .

If I could go back and correct one thing it would be this.When your young you think and wait for a good time to do it.That time never comes as there is always something so if someone will lend you the money then get it and get that house your after by whatever means.

The best time is now,no f***ing about .

Spot on Mate.
I have been very lucky buying and selling at the right time.
The house we are now in we will hopefully stay until the garden can’t be managed. Get on the property ladder as soon as you can - Top advice Mate.
Property prices here are absolutely mental.

Not sure if you’re being serious or not but I couldn’t disagree more.
He’s being sarcastic mate
Spot on Mate.
I have been very lucky buying and selling at the right time.
The house we are now in we will hopefully stay until the garden can’t be managed. Get on the property ladder as soon as you can - Top advice Mate.
Property prices here are absolutely mental.
You put obstacles in front of you when your young but you don’t realise what a strong position your in and it all boils down to confidence.

Last edited:
I think this whole thread has been misinterpreted. It wasn’t about people doing well for themselves and benefiting from their hard work. It wasn’t about if you live in a mansion or a one bedroom flat.

Its was more about does it matter if you live in a big gaff or a small one. But it seems to me that the ones who have as apposed to the have nots like to shout about their achievements from the rooftops.

does it matter.

I think this whole thread has been misinterpreted. It wasn’t about people doing well for themselves and benefiting from their hard work. It wasn’t about if you live in a mansion or a one bedroom flat.

Its was more about does it matter if you live in a big gaff or a small one. But it seems to me that the ones who have as apposed to the have nots like to shout about their achievements from the rooftops.

does it matter.
Ive never come across this tbh but there again I do t have social media etc

He’s being sarcastic mate

You put obstacles in front of you when your young but you don’t realise what a strong position your in and it all boils down to confidence.

Yep. My Mum and Dad tried to talk my Brother and myself out of buying our first house.
Best thing we ever did and within 18 months revalued it, split the equity and my Brother has enough money to buy his own house.
Everyone a winner. Spot on be bold and courageous and with some thinking and a little luck you can walk up the ladder and surprising what you can purchase.
The other point negotiate hard on a purchase.

does it matter.

No it doesn’t Mate.
Living on the street is when it’s shit.

Last edited:
Other than it was shortly after moving into their alternative home i recall one came in as DOA and the other was just a day or two after... both Autopsies were carried out together i recall there were large amounts of fluid retention on the first and the last was heart failure... I know the eviction destroyed them both as you can probably tell from the Documentary. Eccentric but as far as i can make out they were only a few minor complaints from surrounding residents... certainly the Development and watching their family home being leveled really broke them both

Definitely eccentric but I felt total sympathy for them in the documentary, even if it was designed to be relatively one-sided. You could see from the comparison between where they lived and the council houses they were being offered that their lifestyles just weren’t transferable. Very sad story.

Back