Does size matter

No, Ours is too big for us now the 3 kids have left home but in a handy location. I keep thinking about downsizing but SWMBO is against it because of above. Son should have been here with his Family for Christmas fro NZ so would have needed the room for them and do have Grandkids here stay over in "normal times"

No, Ours is too big for us now the 3 kids have left home but in a handy location. I keep thinking about downsizing but SWMBO is against it because of above. Son should have been here with his Family for Christmas fro NZ so would have needed the room for them and do have Grandkids here stay over in "normal times"

Maybe you should take some pictures or try to brag about it mate and post online. Or maybe you’re not that way inclined as many are

Matter to who, yourself and family, internet people, work people?

I’ve no idea. That’s why I’m asking, as I find the people doing this are somewhat misguided in their opinion as to what matters
I have a 6 bedroom house.

I'm hoping to finally get rid of the f***ing millstone back end of this month!

6 bed is that all. Don’t speak to me anymore

Last edited:
It depends on family.
I was brought up in a 3 bed house. 2 reasonable sized bedrooms and a little box room that my elder brother had to himself.
5 of us had to share the back bedroom while my mother, father and youngest sister were in the other.

We definitely needed a bigger house....but, it served it purpose and we became used to it, even though there was no own space areas...not that we had much to put in it other than ourselves and a few belongings.

With what we have today we'd have no chance of sustaining that...but then, par for the course.

No it doesn’t matter, but it does matter to some.

I suppose people assign different values to different things. To some it’ll be how big/fancy/clean their house is. Yet to others, it’ll be how fast/shiny/gadgety their car(s) are.

For cars and houses mentioned above you can easily substitute guitars, malt whiskey, computers, Swiss watches, lego, careers, girlfriends, boyfriends, clothes, jewellery, shoes etc. With pretty much everyone, there will be that one thing that they are really particular/arsey about.

I suppose it’s all about making people feel better about themselves: not entirely a bad thing, but can get to ridiculous proportions.

I’ve no idea. That’s why I’m asking, as I find the people doing this are somewhat misguided in their opinion as to what matters
You may find them misguided, others may not. It's up to them. Each to their own I say.

They might think you're misguided for spending time on internet forums. Time that could be spent doing something that matters, such as with family, like they are, in their cinema room, in their mansions.

You may find them misguided, others may not. It's up to them. Each to their own I say.

They might think you're misguided for spending time on internet forums. Time that could be spent doing something that matters, such as with family, like they are, in their cinema room, in their mansions.
Some really good points in this post.
Cant see how it matters really - live n let live, if some folk want a big house/car etc then thats up to them.

If they use it as some sort of bragging/snobbery thing and you dont like it, then dont listen to/read what they're saying.

Bigger house = more house work
So why do so many people want to tell the world how big their house is. Take pictures and ram it down other peoples necks.

there’s some on here

If the other peoples necks are the london lot slavvering on about how shit the north is, whilst living in a bedsit. Then I'm ok with that as an exception

Last edited:

Back