Does anyone think the situation at the Ticket Office is acceptable?

However, when contacted by the Echo to provide a response to fans’ concerns, a SAFC spokesman declined to comment.
However, when contacted by the Echo to provide a response to fans’ concerns, a SAFC spokesman declined to comment.
Suppose that at least makes a change from the usual "We'll look into it"

Having a current nightmare with the ticket office/club. I’ve got a season ticket in BCB but I’ve got 2 free tickets from Sky VIP for the match at the weekend. It’s a perfect opportunity to take my daughter. Not sure where in the ground but Sky have issued the tickets to the club who haven’t acknowledged them or me chasing.

Latest is Sky asking for me to confirm that I don’t have them so they can report the club to the EFL. I am not about to grass my football club to the authorities 😂

Push comes to shove I’ll just get her a ticket with me and pay but I wanted to take her into the “normal” part of the ground again.

Back in ‘99 it was easy to contact the club and sort any old shit out. It is beyond a joke how difficult it is to interact with someone representing the club now.
It would be easier to get a direct line to Joe Biden than SAFC.

Just emply a couple of oung un's to answer the phones. It really isn't hard.

He was from an engineering background.

I am not a great lover of people coming into a football club at that sort of level without having experience of full-time sport. Football especially is not only about doing what rules are laid down by the Companies Act, Football Association and the Football L:eague. The clubs are subject to three sets of rules - not like other companies. The biggest difference is that Football Clubs are followed by supporters - that is very important. Businesses from Elon Miusk to Bill Smith, the one-man band who does a lot of handyman jobs, are not affected by people's emotions. Supporters have followed football clubs for generations - passed down from Parent to children. The emotions are very real and can affect the following week at work. Playing hell about last week's loss for 3 days and then looking forward to the next game coming up at the weekend. If you alienate the fans then that is when problems start.

It oos great thatw ehave sold that many season tickets but if the systems are not in place to accommodate queries then you get complaints. MAny years ago we had systems in place for matches and special matches - no computers - and that meant sometimes 14 hour days. Fans should not have to queue like they did in the 70s. If the system they does not work then dopn't get the computer people straight away. We went to other clubs to see how their systems worked and we adapted them to what was need at the time at SAFC. Still could not get out of the 8am starts or the midnight finishes. Then when you have system get the tech people in to set it up.

Sorry to bore you but just because he was a big boss in Engineering does not mean he is ideal for a hands-on job in Professional Football. Unless, of course, he is doing it for the directors' lounge environment.

Can’t comment on ticket office but I visited the shop this morning. Arrived at 10.10am and there was about 40 in the queue. Got in pretty quickly. No home or away shirts in the size I needed. No Avec tops in the size I needed.
Came away empty handed. The staff I spoke to were very helpful.
Have to say though having seen our shirt up close the quality is not a patch on the grandsons Hartlepool shirt. That’s made by errea and has stitched badge and lots of detail. Ours looks cheap compared to it.

You might want to pop down to your local newsagents and purchase the latest edition of Mojo magazine - the one with the delightful, and fragrant Kate Bush on the cover.

It has a 6 page section on T Bone Burnett.

I get mine on subscription, so we subscribers get it a few day's earlier in the post, and with a different cover.....thought you might be interested.

You can thank me later ;)👍

You might want to pop down to your local newsagents and purchase the latest edition of Mojo magazine - the one with the delightful, and fragrant Kate Bush on the cover.

It has a 6 page section on T Bone Burnett.

I get mine on subscription, so we subscribers get it a few day's earlier in the post, and with a different cover.....thought you might be interested.

You can thank me later ;)👍
Wrong T Bone.

I wonder if that was anything to do with my email to them? The Northern Echo responded to me and asked for more info, nothing from The Echo

Really???

I've seen a picture of said T Bone Burnett, and its exactly as your avatar :rolleyes:

Bet hey-ho, you want to play games....your choice. Just thought you'd be interested, that's all.
I’m not playing games marra, it’s simply the wrong one. I have no interest in t bone Burnett. Thanks anyway

Really???

I've seen a picture of said T Bone Burnett, and its exactly as your avatar :rolleyes:

Bet hey-ho, you want to play games....your choice. Just thought you'd be interested, that's all.

Edit: My apologies....you are correct :oops:

There you go, a public apology/humiliation on a forum.....I'll get my coat.

I know its similar to another post, no one can be happy about it other than Davison

Anyone think its going well?

More season tickets than some prem teams

Ticket office hours good or bad?

Shite from me
Whoever is in charge of ticketing and merch needs to be sent for career help and guidance as a matter of absolute priority.

The club is heading in the right direction but when it is easier to buy a mag top in Sunderland or easier to get into Fort Knox than the SOL you know that customer care is not their strong point.

Just make it easier for people to support the Club is all fans are asking. We are not having a go fo having a go's sake. This is constructive criticism.

Open a shop, pop up shop anything and have turnstiles for contactless and cash transactions. If they cant sort this they need to be looking for new employment.

It would be easier to get a direct line to Joe Biden than SAFC.

Just emply a couple of oung un's to answer the phones. It really isn't hard.
The club wouldnt comment when the Echo had an article on it the other week aswell. Not good enough this isnt going to go away as it clearly isnt working.
It is awful leadership by Davison who has washed his hands of the situation and left the ticket office staff to clean up the mess he is responsible for.

Last edited:
The club wouldnt comment when the Echo had an article on it the other week aswell. Not good enough this isnt going to go away as it isnt working.
It is awful leadership by Davison who has washed his hands of the situation and left the ticket office staff to clean up the mess he is responsible for.
Really. Its the front line staff I feel sorry for. Left out to dry by the management.

We are heading to 38,000 people there tomorrow. Imaging the business we would do if we actually made it easy for people to attend matches and had merchandise to purchase.

All I can do is comment on my situation. I know of two people who would be there tomorrow if they could just turn up and pay cash. I also fancy a new top. £100 literally down the drain which the club could have had. If you times that by other supporters in the same position. Absolutely crazy.
I wonder if that was anything to do with my email to them? The Northern Echo responded to me and asked for more info, nothing from The Echo
What a shameful situation.

38,000 there tomorrow is magnificent but we are in the middle of school hols and the NE is in a cost of living crisis coupled with the recent child poverty report.

We have good pricing structures for kids but we will have 9,000 empty seats there tomorrow. I would have loved the club to have been more proactive in getting kids through the door. In coming years we are going to have to fight for our support with the beheading lovers in the area. Lets get kids through the door and secure our future support.

Last edited:
Having a current nightmare with the ticket office/club. I’ve got a season ticket in BCB but I’ve got 2 free tickets from Sky VIP for the match at the weekend. It’s a perfect opportunity to take my daughter. Not sure where in the ground but Sky have issued the tickets to the club who haven’t acknowledged them or me chasing.

Latest is Sky asking for me to confirm that I don’t have them so they can report the club to the EFL. I am not about to grass my football club to the authorities 😂

Push comes to shove I’ll just get her a ticket with me and pay but I wanted to take her into the “normal” part of the ground again.

Back in ‘99 it was easy to contact the club and sort any old shit out. It is beyond a joke how difficult it is to interact with someone representing the club now.
Did you get sorted with those tickets mate?

Ultimately, the clubs philosophy of "what we spend we have to earn" is ultimately constraining us. I think it'll constrain us on the pitch too, but that's another discussion entirely.

But I feel there are some deep rooted issues with our strategy. There doesn't seem to be anything about growing the club off the pitch. How is growth going to be attained?

The club should be seeking to grow merchandise sales by x percent. They should have a strategy to support this growth. Having a shite website isn't the way to grow that area.

The ticket office just appears to be chronically understaffed.

At best under Davison we're just treading water. But I feel KLD has to take responsibility for this too.

Really. Its the front line staff I feel sorry for. Left out to dry by the management.

We are heading to 38,000 people there tomorrow. Imaging the business we would do if we actually made it easy for people to attend matches and had merchandise to purchase.

All I can do is comment on my situation. I know of two people who would be there tomorrow if they could just turn up and pay cash. I also fancy a new top. £100 literally down the drain which the club could have had. If you times that by other supporters in the same position. Absolutely crazy.

38,000 there tomorrow is magnificent but we are in the middle of school hols and the NE is in a cost of living crisis coupled with the recent child poverty report.

We have good pricing structures for kids but we will have 9,000 empty seats there tomorrow. I would have loved the club to have been more proactive in getting kids through the door. In coming years we are going to have to fight for our support with the beheading lovers in the area. Lets get kids through the door and secure our future support.
All good points. Any business makes it quick and easy for customers to spend money with them. SAFC dont.
Just a bit of compromise by the club would sort this out immediately. Though an acknowledgement from them that they realise there is a problem would be a start.

Last edited:

Nail right on the head marra.

Back