Does anyone actually believe we will stop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think it depends on if Short is willing to pay off Moyes, a new manager bounce and a bit of confidence could see us to safety, though I wouldn't expect things to be any different if we stick with Moyes.

Not a f***ing hope in hell this season. We are utter dross bar the odd win when we turn up. Going need to win at least 5 games out of 11 after we get stuffed off city next week. Can you see it under moyes? One of our worst managers ever!
Agree it is unlikely (if not impossible) to stay up with Moyes. Though doubt we'd need as many as 5 wins to stay up; Boro have had 4 wins, us, Hull and Leicester have had 5 wins, Palace have had 6 and Bournmouth and Swansea have had 7. I doubt enough of them will win that many more to require us to get 5.

Last edited:
At this moment I think SAFC will go down, but there's very little in it. Some winnable games coming up.

Think it depends on if Short is willing to pay off Moyes, a new manager bounce and a bit of confidence could see us to safety, though I wouldn't expect things to be any different if we stick with Moyes.

Agree it is unlikely (if not impossible) to stay up with Moyes. Though doubt we'd need as many as 5 wins to stay up; Boro have had 4 wins, us, Hull and Leicester have had 5 wins, Palace have had 6 and Bournmouth and Swansea have had 7. I doubt enough of them will win that many more to require us to get 5.
I think boro are going down, not sure yet about the other two. Bad result for boro at palace

aye i think we will,but i want permission from our most respected doom mongers to be able to change my mind if needs be

We have stopped up season after season in worse positions so a dont see why its such a suprise that people think we will.

A lot will hinge on the Boro match. Win that one and with a bit of self belief we could perform yet another miracle. If we get beat off the Boro then we don't deserve to stay up.

Heart always says yes. Head says never give up until the fat mathematician sings!

We've been in worse situations than this and survived and we've got Defoe and the experience of a relegation battle. It's far from over yet.

To think that we're actually still within touching distance of 4th bottom despite being absolutely f***ing rancid for most of the season and with all the injuries we've had to contend with is nothing short of a miracle in itself really. Think this is the season we go down like but I've been wrong before and I hope I'm wrong again and we see another miracle.

I was slaughtered for declaring I had it on good authority that we would be safe last season.
The same authority has advised me that we are safe this season, so rather than get slaughtered on its own thread I am posting on this thread.
Still get slaughtered but we will be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back