Does anyone actually believe we will stop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Defoe is fit and we remain 3 pts from safety with 5 of our 6 relegation rivals to play then yes, I believe we can stay up. To give up now would be insane. Remember this: 6 games to go, 7 pts from safety, the 3 away games were at Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd, Altidore and Wickham up top. We survived. We can stay up lads and lasses, and I believe we will... KTF

Still a chance to stay up which makes Moyes position vulnerable. Get rid of his negativity now. Hopefully short can see his investment going down the drain and will intervene

my worry if i was a SAFC fan would be does this team have the fight to go toe to toe with a relegation rival when it counts, the Palace game was a crazy freak game that happens every now and again. At the business end of the season you'd far rather be playing an Everton,stoke,wba,Southampton etc than a team around you as anything other than a win gets you no closer to them with 1 less to play and they will be scrapping as much as you are

look at us it was failure to beat norwich, villa and yourselves that killed us really not the draws against liverpool and city and the win against tottenham

We're in the same position we've been in for years, only this time we are still in touch and have every chance of pulling out of the bottom 3. We also had the bounce of a new manager, the players rallied and we survived. With Moyes, I don't think he can motivate or inspire the players to play beyond their current abilities. I doubt Short will sack Moyes, the cost would be an issue but then again relegation could cost us much more. Does Short go for the manager bounce or let Moyes take the club down?

If you look at the current points situation it's do-able, particularly with our "out of the hat" finishes, however there's definitely something Less encouraging all round this season, still on the fence me

I've given up predicting based on the last few years alone. Who knows! We could suddenly go on a run, or vanish with a whimper.

Either way, I dare say the vast majority of us will be back for more next season...

Long way to go though, 12 games, and still (unbelievably) only three points from being out the bottom three.

I would say it depends on the return of catts/kirchoff and how instrumental they can be

We only have two players who have started more than 75% of our games. And only six others have started more than half. Yet we are far from being cut adrift. Getting more first team players back - Kirchoff, Cattermole and Anichebe - will make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back