Dodds

No decent head coach is coming into our bear pit without guarantees on recruitment.
If they won’t give those undertakings any appointment will be temporary or a waste of time.
A proper manager simply wont tolerate our approach wether they select the players or not. Not buying a proper striker or dm meant mowbray was on the back foot unecessarily. Thats the mowbray almost nobody wanted / was underwhlemed by. Our best manager since we Allardyce. Sometimes its ok to go against the grain

Happy Clappers delight-,Dodds

Insightful… give us the circumstances where by you would consider Dodds

None is not an answer… fact remains if we don’t invest in recruitment any appointment is going to be second best maybe third best. Let’s call Cooper or Potter First Rate, Mowbray and heckingbottom Second Rate and Beale third rate
If we were down to unproven third rate appointments would you not go with the coach who has the culture of club and fans, understands the players to the extent they understand him.

I don’t think anyone has said give him the job if we are prepared to pay for first or second rate. But what if we don’t ?

No decent head coach is coming into our bear pit without guarantees on recruitment.
If they won’t give those undertakings any appointment will be temporary or a waste of time.
Any coach is going to be concerned about his reputation if the recruitment is not up to standard, experienced or not. Only desperate/out of work will consider it.

Insightful… give us the circumstances where by you would consider Dodds

None is not an answer… fact remains if we don’t invest in recruitment any appointment is going to be second best maybe third best. Let’s call Cooper or Potter First Rate, Mowbray and heckingbottom Second Rate and Beale third rate
If we were down to unproven third rate appointments would you not go with the coach who has the culture of club and fans, understands the players to the extent they understand him.

I don’t think anyone has said give him the job if we are prepared to pay for first or second rate. But what if we don’t ?
Think u forgot Rohl

None of them have particularly delivered in the final 3rd. Doesnt matter if you stated van dijk / casemiro in the players at his disposal we have zero goal threat without clarke / roberts. Our team with its attacking options is a bottom 3 team without them 2.

Clear as day that. To have 5 clean sheets and becoming hard to beat from where it was it is testement to his ability to organise our young lads. I think people get too caught up in publicity and 'experience'. Most of the experienced managers ive seen us have were shite. Id rather go with him as i think its a safer bet
'From where it was'. His record is significantly worse than Beale's, man. From where we were, points per game, we are even worse than we were. You're just making excuses to try defend Dodds for some reason. If you honestly would be happy with Dodds as the next Sunderland manager you are very easily pleased. Crack on.

Back