Doctor Who

I am a mature adult.

I don’t get sucked into arguments about the gender of the leading role.

My advice is to judge the actor on the quality of their portrayal. Male actors can be rubbish, female actors can be brilliant.

Ponder this paradox in peace, people.

I thought Jodie was much improved, and the companions too for that matter.

My worry is that it seemed typical Chibnall writing. Boring.

Plot spoilers ish:
It was 40 minutes us getting told how dangerous the planet is, 2 minutes fighting the robots, 1 minute fighting the killer mummy bandages and 5 minutes in the TARDIS.

It's very slow and has rubbish resolutions, which is what worried me about Chibnall coming into the show as his writing in previous years was exactly the same.

And you object to that being discussed? f***ing hell

Grow up. I don’t mind that subject, or any other, being used as a story line. Where I draw the line is where the BBC has characters, who are supposed to be entertaining us, blatantly spouting pc sentiments and telling us how we should think.

I particularly object to screechy Karen telling us that all autistic kids should automatically qualify for benefits, even when they have no care needs. Remember that PIP is to cover the extra costs of being disabled, not as a reward for ticking a box. I also object to Gobby not realising that even if the boy didnt qualify for disability benefits he would still qualify for housing and unemployment benefits.

It was just another half baked attempt by the BBC to tell us about something that they have no real knowledge or experience of.

After the second episode of the new doctor, in which I again fell asleep, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth trying to continue watching.

Grow up. I don’t mind that subject, or any other, being used as a story line. Where I draw the line is where the BBC has characters, who are supposed to be entertaining us, blatantly spouting pc sentiments and telling us how we should think.

I particularly object to screechy Karen telling us that all autistic kids should automatically qualify for benefits, even when they have no care needs. Remember that PIP is to cover the extra costs of being disabled, not as a reward for ticking a box. I also object to Gobby not realising that even if the boy didnt qualify for disability benefits he would still qualify for housing and unemployment benefits.

It was just another half baked attempt by the BBC to tell us about something that they have no real knowledge or experience of.

After the second episode of the new doctor, in which I again fell asleep, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth trying to continue watching.
Did you watch the most recent series of ‘our girl’? Tremendous left wing propaganda when they were stationed abroad.

There's something off about Jodie playing the Doctor. I can't tell if it's the accent, the clothes, her facial expressions or her acting but imo she lacks the authority or screen presence to actually play the character convincingly. Episode 1 wasn't bad, she's quirky enough, but in episode 2 she just seemed to fade into the background. She's more like an assistant than The Doctor.

It might all change now she has the Tardis back but it's not looking good. That was probably the worst episode I've ever watched.

Also, the new tardis looks terrible.

Back