Doctor Who

Only on Season 9 ep 10 at the minute, which I assume is the last Clara season. Not looking forward to 10 as I absolutely hate Matt Lucas with a passion. I might just skip it tbh.
Matt Lucas is not that bad to be honest. I thought he would play it over the top stupid, but was a pretty quiet character. Capaldi was too busy playing his role over the top stupid so there was not the screen space for two of them.

Only on Season 9 ep 10 at the minute, which I assume is the last Clara season. Not looking forward to 10 as I absolutely hate Matt Lucas with a passion. I might just skip it tbh.
He isn't in much in the early episodes, Thin Ice is worth watching which is episode 3. I actually really liked him in the show though.

He isn't in much in the early episodes, Thin Ice is worth watching which is episode 3. I actually really liked him in the show though.
yeah I wouldnt be his biggest fan either but thought he played it very well, bill and nardole (sp?) were a breath of fresh air after all the Clara bollox

I enjoyed it and thought Whittaker was good, but some of the jokes didn't land massively and I hope it improves.

Going back to many people's criticism of Moffat, whilst I know he went off the rails towards the end I always feel that his first couple of seasons (Smith, Pond, Rory, Silents etc....) were the best run in all of new who. Nice mix of fun, dark, long-arc and clever plotting. He got too wrapped up in his own continuity by the end, as he has done with Sherlock, but them early ones I loved.

Similarly, Smith is comfortably my favourite doctor; took the "zany" style of Tennant but toned it down a bit, whilst adding a bit of of a darker tone at times. I'm hoping once Whittaker settles in she is similar, and has more of an edge than we saw last week.

Each to their own I suppose.

Back