Doctor Who

Discussion in 'SMB' started by jacko100, Oct 4, 2018.

1. f1since08

f1since08 Full Back

I heard about that, could be flashbacks? Or Chibnall lying to throw us off the scent.

Here's the new one. Very retro but in a good way.

AB22 Easy Tiger likes this.
  2. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

So apart from that, How was Doctor Who?

Some Random Guy likes this.
  3. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

I’m still reserving judgement, though I do like Bradley’s character.

Forgot to ask, who else has ordered the Barbie Thirteenth Doctor?

4. yyy

yyy Striker

I found the first episode quite easy to follow. Is Chris Chibnall going to refresh the format after some turgid scripting under Steve Moffat?

On second thoughts, why have I bothered posting as I can see this thread has been spoilt by another slanging match. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  5. Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim Striker

Why have they dressed the Doctor like a crap 1980s childrens' TV presenter?

yyy likes this.
  6. AB22 Easy Tiger

She explained it in the BBC America thing - it started as a picture of a female skinhead and went from there.

7. Pants

Pants Winger

[​IMG]

Wad

HebburnMackem and yyy like this.
  8. DaveH

DaveH Striker

That does sound like the Baker & Davidson era, only not as much of a base line. Canny

Might be a good thing. It felt like the last few series had to have a dalek episode, had to have a cyberman one and there were a lot of weeping angel ones after the success of a one off episode. I thought they did them to the death.

f1since08 likes this.
  9. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

Takes me back to November 1963

yyy and f1since08 like this.
  10. I watched this. For me it's a kids programme but harmless if there is nowt else on.

I've never watched the show since Tegan's day, that lass who was the doctors partner when it was the bloke who used to be in all creatures great and small

11. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

Why not just say "the loud mouthed whining Australian one" it's easier.

12. She was a quality actress. In numerous ways

13. f1since08

f1since08 Full Back

Tegan is underated, she starts a bit gobby but actually is a solid companion. Makes the Doctor realise he's not the hero he thinks he is as well when she leaves.

stephen cartwright likes this.
  14. Flip

Flip Midfield

Agree with your order although not for the same reasons it would appear

15. zinedine

zinedine Winger

I didn't like Eccleston he's an actor I find annoying. Plus I didn't think Dr Who should have a Manc accent. David Tennant said in an interview that he put on an English accent to keep the Dr's accent neutral. He said I was well pissed off when along came Capaldi with no attempt at not being scottish. Tenant said if he'd known he'd have played the Dr as a full on Scotsman.
    Best Dr for me was David Tennant followed by Matt Smith. Before they came along I'd have said that the Dr should be an older actor but they proved that a younger Dr was better. Capaldi could have been a great Dr in the style of the original but his scripts were at times shocking.

16. JonMc

JonMc Striker

I enjoyed it apart from the shoe horning in of all the diversity crap but I have to remind myself that it's a kids show and I suppose that plays well to kids of this generation. The idea was decent stuff and just scary enough to worry the younger kids which is what you want.

Tbf Whittaker did the whole regeneration thing as well as Tenant did it so she's off to good start.

I liked Eccleston. What made it for me was when he just unloaded on the prisoner Dalek. You don't often get to see spit during a rant on children's TV. Good theatre.

peil likes this.
  17. scotch

scotch Winger

I've seen more interesting planks of wood with better acting skill than that young lad
    Did like Bradley Walsh though.
    Doctor reminds me too much of tennant and that's never going to be a favourable comparison.

18. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

Not too sure about the redesign of Tardis control room (if that is what it is)

[​IMG]

19. Going to watch the series though. I like watching Bradley Walsh

20. AB22 Easy Tiger

Hmmm