Doctor Who

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it, there's always been fans kicking off whenever there's a regeneration but it's a shame so much of it this time is purely based on the fact that it's a female Doctor. Jodie Whittaker is a fantastic actress so hopefully they'll give her good enough scripts to take advantage of that. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bradley Walsh character too, anyone who watched Law and Order UK will have seen that he's a really good actor and I think it'll make a change not having just young, attractive companions.

Chris Chibnall has made some brave decisions, but he's a well established, respected writer so I've got my fingers crossed that it all pays off.

Agreed, though Heaven Sent was very good & one of my favourites of the reboot.
It was really good. He had some class episodes, there whole run was a mess though. Bounced between dark and goofy too much.

Capaldi is arguably the best actor to play the doctor, unfortunately he's arguably the worst Doctor due to shitty writing.

I came back to it to watch Capaldi, who I adore, but the scripts were lacking for me, no fault of his. The trouble is I want it to be darker and a bit more adult than it's ever going to be.

Not enthusiastic about the trailers, it all seemed a bit juvenile - so probably not for me.

I still think Richard E Grant is the best Doctor who never was.

I came back to it to watch Capaldi, who I adore, but the scripts were lacking for me, no fault of his. The trouble is I want it to be darker and a bit more adult than it's ever going to be.

Not enthusiastic about the trailers, it all seemed a bit juvenile - so probably not for me.

I still think Richard E Grant is the best Doctor who never was.
I don't mind it not being adult. It's when it's just random zaniness that annoys me. "We're doing Vikings, let's have him playing electric guitar, an a tank, with his cool new sonic sunglasses!" . Hilarious.

The thing is it can work, Eccleson's bit with the banana for example.

Last edited:
I don't mind it not being adult. It's when it's just random zaniness that annoys me. "We're doing Vikings, let's have him playing electric guitar, an a tank, with his cool new sonic sunglasses!" . Hilarious.

The thing is it can work, Eccleson's bit with the banana for example.
Well I liked David Tennant, not exactly dark, but I was hoping for that with Capaldi. The new trailers aren't doing anything for me, even though her outfit is a bit Bay City Rollers-esque and quite amusing.

Well I liked David Tennant, not exactly dark, but I was hoping for that with Capaldi. The new trailers aren't doing anything for me, even though her outfit is a bit Bay City Rollers-esque and quite amusing.

First season of Tennant was terrific. Unfortunately he then turned into gurning hysterical space jesus.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it, there's always been fans kicking off whenever there's a regeneration but it's a shame so much of it this time is purely based on the fact that it's a female Doctor. Jodie Whittaker is a fantastic actress so hopefully they'll give her good enough scripts to take advantage of that. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bradley Walsh character too, anyone who watched Law and Order UK will have seen that he's a really good actor and I think it'll make a change not having just young, attractive companions.

Chris Chibnall has made some brave decisions, but he's a well established, respected writer so I've got my fingers crossed that it all pays off.

Similar view here. In it's essence, the Doctor is a quiet, intelligent hero. Drops into any situation in time and space, find an evil at work, gets into a bit of peril and uses his brain to make everything alright, while leading and motivating others. Basically a big space nerd. What makes each Doctor different is the personality slant they give them, some more grumpy, some more eccentric. To me it does not matter if they are male or female.

What does matter is the quality of the scripts and the story line. At times, Tennent and Smith were being pushed into being action heros with a few daft gags, but that didn't matter because any brain stuff could be skipped with a wave of the sonic screwdriver that could basically do anything. Capaldi could have been brilliant as a grumpy (but caring deep down) Doctor, they made him a slap-stick buffoon.

The new one does seem a bit more action hero again. It might be ok but I'd like a slightly nerdy Doctor again.

Back