Doctor Who

Grow up. I don’t mind that subject, or any other, being used as a story line. Where I draw the line is where the BBC has characters, who are supposed to be entertaining us, blatantly spouting pc sentiments and telling us how we should think.

I particularly object to screechy Karen telling us that all autistic kids should automatically qualify for benefits, even when they have no care needs. Remember that PIP is to cover the extra costs of being disabled, not as a reward for ticking a box. I also object to Gobby not realising that even if the boy didnt qualify for disability benefits he would still qualify for housing and unemployment benefits.

It was just another half baked attempt by the BBC to tell us about something that they have no real knowledge or experience of.

After the second episode of the new doctor, in which I again fell asleep, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth trying to continue watching.

Sure you'll be delighted that this week they're in 1950s Montgomery Alabama ruining the good old days with their PC agenda

Interesting episode, but Christ it's on the nose isn't it?

Remember when you were allowed to think for yourself watching tv programmes?

Anyway, other than that, TARDIS team coming together nicely. All three assistants finding their feet. Jury still out on The Doctor for me. Space Racist a bit odd.

Interesting episode, but Christ it's on the nose isn't it?

Remember when you were allowed to think for yourself watching tv programmes?

Anyway, other than that, TARDIS team coming together nicely. All three assistants finding their feet. Jury still out on The Doctor for me. Space Racist a bit odd.

It was a bit Quantum Leap, but also rather timely given everything that's going on

Everyone excited for Sunday then? (BTW wtf is it doing being on on a Sunday)

Interested to see how Whittaker approaches it, still can't believe Bradley Walsh is in it though ffs

for bairns etc etc I know
Haven't watched it since Davison , was in the mile castle one night , Dr who fans on the next table , one said , if there is ever a black Dr who , that's Me out !!

Haven't watched it since Davison , was in the mile castle one night , Dr who fans on the next table , one said , if there is ever a black Dr who , that's Me out !!

What a strange thing to say. Episodes like tonight, mind, show why the Doctor is by and large white and male. It would have been very difficult to do tonight with a black Doctor. In universe, it makes sense if you're going to hang around a planet with as horrible a history as ours.

What a strange thing to say. Episodes like tonight, mind, show why the Doctor is by and large white and male. It would have been very difficult to do tonight with a black Doctor. In universe, it makes sense if you're going to hang around a planet with as horrible a history as ours.
Agree, a very strange thing to say , they seemed very trainspotter ish types

You left out "racist".

Tonight's episode kind of disproves that mind. The Doctor being black and going on like The Doctor does in 50s America would end very badly. Personally I'd use the chameleon circuit to handwave all of it away. I can understand why people aware of history would find it difficult to reconcile.

Back