Doctor appointments. Bloody ridiculous!!!

This. I do this now instead of trying the GP

The receptionists that, because they work at the Doctor's Surgery they think they ARE Doctors? Those receptionists?

Those ones, and the ones who become borderline aggressive when you dare to ask a question other than "Can I have an appointment please?", usually surrounding a timeline on something.

No surprise people dont show up if they are waiting two weeks though. Chances are they're no longer ill or have made other arrangements.

which is fine, but have the courtesy to phone up and cancel the appointment so someone else can use it.

The wife often has to visit Sunderland hospital (Orthopaedic dept) and the non attendance is sky high also.

It's a nightmare in London. Glad I'm out of it. My village I grew up in has a drs round the corner and be guaranteed to be seen in a few hours that same day.

Nope, if you ring Deerness Park Medical centre early enough in the morning you can at least get a telephone consultation the same day

not all the time and many times I have been just been told there is nothing.

its not the doctors or anybody elses fault but you cant pour a quart into a pint pot

As my Dr nearly killed me they always obliging when i ring up. :neutral:
It’s amazing how often that happens. Lost one parent where medical negligence was a factor and nearly lost another, 20 years later. Thankfully, with parent number two, a second opinion insisted they head to A and E.

It’s amazing how often that happens. Lost one parent where medical negligence was a factor and nearly lost another, 20 years later. Thankfully, with parent number two, a second opinion insisted they head to A and E.
Obviously I don’t know the details behind your cases, but I get the impression that doctors are under pressure to maybes keep costs down, getting medicines etc is like getting blood out of a stone from them, and they always seem very reluctant to send you for scans etc.

I’m lucky enough to have private health care, and as soon as you mention that they hand out referral notes like they’re going out of fashion if they know someone else is picking up the cost.

Maybes totally wrong on the doctors minding their own budget/costs, but it certainly feels that way.

One thing, when they privatise the NHS, unless you can afford the insurance and the extra fee, you will save the phone call. No money, no appointments.

Photo on Twatter this morning of a doctors surgery taken in march this year, with a running total of 228 appointments missed for that month so far. That's the issue, arseholes book appointments then don't turn up - those dead are excused this rant - imho they should be pay a monetary fine if they miss their appointment.

Back