Dobson

Seriously? Have you seen him shuffling around, struggling to keep up with opposition as they run away from him. He's 21, not 31, and should have enough pace and stamina to be keeping up with the opposition, bursting forward, making tackles and generally bossing the show.

Or is having a hair style like Grealish the sum total of his football ability?

Utter cack IMHO. We are supposed to replace departed players with better models. I dont see any improvement in him for either Catts or Honeyman.

Last edited:
Was canny until he got the stupid yellow card. Crooks was a beast for them. Exactly what we need in the middle. Massive and mobile. Very good at this level.

I like him but other than being younger he's very similar to every other CM at the club. That's not his fault obviously but Cattermole leaving was a chance to bring in someone with something a bit different and we missed that opportunity imo. Perhaps a beast like Rotherham had in Crooks this evening or Luton last season with Pelly Ruddock. Or someone dynamic like Norburn at Shrewsbury and Brannagan at Oxford.

To be fair he had to do the job of two centre midfielders as McGeogh we shocking.

Playing alongside Leadbitter or Power and he will be fine, baffling by Ross to pair him up with the invisible McGeogh.

He's not played that position for 2 games on a row.
Think he's only played it 3 times for Safc.
And in a team who don't have a clue what they are doing as they are managed by a buffoon.
So no, don't agree.
The young players aren't the problem

A myth? Theres no myth?
He doesn't. Hardly played any last Yr
Wasted a whole season

O'Nien is 25 in a couple month time. He's not as young as many belive him to be. Tbh I think it's quite easy to think he's young. He looks about 12 and the club speak about him like he's a bairn.

That game stunk of Power coming on

Ross bringing 3 strikers on when our midfield was clearly struggling was embarrassing
I expected Leadbitter coming on, which would be an utterly ridiculous decision. We were more mobile in midfield but as the game wore on we became disorganised and needed an old head in there to keep it tight. Leadbitter may be an old head but his legs have gone.

I expected Leadbitter coming on, which would be an utterly ridiculous decision. We were more mobile in midfield but as the game wore on we became disorganised and needed an old head in there to keep it tight. Leadbitter may be an old head but his legs have gone.
Not sure how much more mobile we are . McGeouch is immobile and so is Dobson . We still haven’t solved the pace and physicality problem . They were stronger and more mobile than us yet again

Not sure how much more mobile we are . McGeouch is immobile and so is Dobson . We still haven’t solved the pace and physicality problem . They were stronger and more mobile than us yet again
Well I thought we started off ok, maybe that was due to us takng an early lead and Rotherham being in a state of shock. We were more combative in midfield but we lacked an experienced mobile head in there. Don't think Leadbitter is the answer and don't know why we signed him. O'Nien and Dobson are still young lads lacking experience. Gooch is treading water and becoming a liability. McGeady is struggling to reproduce his performances before his foot injury. McGeough has the ability to keep the ball but is injury prone and is too cautious on he ball.

Back