Dobson red card not being appealed

My comment wasn’t wrong was it. Look at the state. Weirdos
He's not that far off, marra. The sending off happened due to red mist descending after Dobson failed to execute a simple 10 yard pass. It's hardly weird to state an objective interpretation of what we all saw occur
Scowen deserves a chance. His corners vs villa kids were excellent (McGuires were average at best on the weekend) and should provide an extra threat.
Dobson with a back 5 in the third tier at home to a poor side is of very limited use... but backs against the wall as we will find ourselves at other times this season may yet be of use in getting us out of this rancid division.
This is a fair interpretation. There will undoubtedly be a time when we need someone in the middle to get about and harry the opposition. There may be times when we need someone to get up and join the attack to create a bit of chaos too. Dobson can deal with those assignments for sure. However, Bristol effectively allowed him to have the ball all day Saturday as he simply doesn't possess the ability to hurt a team from there. It should be clear to a manager as experienced as PP that he was not suitable for the assignment he was given. That much was evident after about 20 mins.

Last edited:

He's not that far off, marra. The sending off happened due to red mist descending after Dobson failed to execute a simple 10 yard pass. It's hardly weird to state an objective interpretation of what we all saw occur

This is a fair interpretation. There will undoubtedly be a time when we need someone in the middle to get about and harry the opposition. There may be times when we need someone to get up and join the attack to create a bit of chaos too. Dobson can deal with those assignments for sure. However, Bristol effectively allowed him to have the ball all day Saturday as he simply doesn't possess the ability to hurt a team from there. It should be clear to a manager as experienced as PP that he was not suitable for the assignment he was given. That much was evident after about 20 mins.
Its weird for fans to celebrate the suspension of one of our players. Pathetic tbh

Just rewatched the sending off. His f***ing pass leading up to it just about sums him up. What the fuck was that? :lol:

1:35.

It was shit but everyone's focused on his mistakes like that pass and not the stuff he did well like the pass he put graham through with literally 2 seconds before it. He's nowhere near as bad as people are going on and doesnt deserve to shoulder all of the blame he's been getting
Scowen deserves a chance. His corners vs villa kids were excellent (McGuires were average at best on the weekend) and should provide an extra threat.
Dobson with a back 5 in the third tier at home to a poor side is of very limited use... but backs against the wall as we will find ourselves at other times this season may yet be of use in getting us out of this rancid division.
I doubt he'll get another 2 assists from corners across the remainder of the entire season. It wasnt that Scowen's were better than Maguire's its that the Villa kids had zero interest in defending them. Wyke and Feeney left completely unchallenged for both of them

Last edited:
It was shit but everyone's focused on his mistakes like that pass and not the stuff he did well like the pass he put graham through with literally 2 seconds before it. He's nowhere near as bad as people are going on and doesnt deserve to shoulder all of the blame he's been getting
No he's not as bad as everyone makes out, he had some good games last year. The problem lies with his pairing with Power - both have little quality or passing ability. When we have so much possession as we did on saturday their lack of ability is exposed badly. If he had a better player next to him he could shine as his main attributes are energy and attitude, just like Power. You have to admit that Power and Dobson as a CM pair are at best average League One ability - Parko doesn't seem to want anything other than effort and attitude from his CM pairing.

No he's not as bad as everyone makes out, he had some good games last year. The problem lies with his pairing with Power - both have little quality or passing ability. When we have so much possession as we did on saturday their lack of ability is exposed badly. If he had a better player next to him he could shine as his main attributes are energy and attitude, just like Power. You have to admit that Power and Dobson as a CM pair are at best average League One ability - Parko doesn't seem to want anything other than effort and attitude from his CM pairing.
I agree with that like, I dont see it changing though as all our centre mids are the same bar leadbitter. Main thing is Parkinson needs to take the shackles off both centre midfielders whichever partnership is playing. We're playing a back 3 there's plenty of cover there so there's no need to have dobson sitting in front of them. Get them both in the opposition half.

I doubt he'll get another 2 assists from corners across the remainder of the entire season. It wasnt that Scowen's were better than Maguire's its that the Villa kids had zero interest in defending them. Wyke and Feeney left completely unchallenged for both of them
Yes i said that about the corners the other day.Im a OAP and i would have scored those.To be fair i havnt seen anything in the bits of scowens play to suggest hes gonna make a difference.I would love to be proved wrong at Oxford,in fact he has 3 in a row to impress.Plus Dobbo is 22 plenty of time to improve hes least of our worries.

Yes i said that about the corners the other day.Im a OAP and i would have scored those.To be fair i havnt seen anything in the bits of scowens play to suggest hes gonna make a difference.I would love to be proved wrong at Oxford,in fact he has 3 in a row to impress.Plus Dobbo is 22 plenty of time to improve hes least of our worries.
In fairness I didnt watch pre-season so can't comment on scowen in those games but I saw him vs villa and the only other real appearance hes made (an even worse performance than saturdays against BR) and I dont see him being the great white hope people are making him out to be. Our issues aren't down to ability alone and can't be solved simply by a different team selection, they're a combination of tactical reasons and a lack of variety and balance through the squad.

I think Scowen is better than Power and Dobson - he sets a higher tempo, is a better and crisper passer than both of them. He can also deliver at set plays. This, of course, remains to be seen. I also agree Dobson has age on his side and can improve - Power is on his third season here and is a very limited footballer.

No he's very much a worry. He's a lad who at 22 doesn't look to be improving in anyway. I'd say the opposite tbh, he's getting worse. The basics seem to be a struggle for him, look at his sending off!!!!

Like the majority of our lads hes hard working and gives his all, the problem is he doesn't have much quality even for this level.

No he's very much a worry. He's a lad who at 22 doesn't look to be improving in anyway. I'd say the opposite tbh, he's getting worse. The basics seem to be a struggle for him, look at his sending off!!!!

Like the majority of our lads hes hard working and gives his all, the problem is he doesn't have much quality even for this level.
Ya might be right rocky,we will soon find out .The problem on this board though is anyone not in the team automatically becomes a superstar.Scowen hasnt shown me anything to warrant the campaign to have him play,but as isay we will sharp find out as he will play at oxford.I know he put 3 corners in that made Charlie Wyke look like Charlie Hurley.I hope you are right and im wrong

I didn't even think it was a foul :lol:

Same here. He took the ball not the player and whilst it was robust and along the ground it was not an uncontrolled lunge. I think it was infleunced by the play acting and the failure to issue Wright with a sescond yellow, where I think he was influenced by his first yellow beimg soft. The one that amazed me was the tackle on Hume in the first half which in my view was two footed and through the back of the player. He took so long to produce a card in that one I think he was in two minds to red card it, dithered and got it wrong. It set the tone of his approach thereafter.

Oh and for what its worth I don't buy into the Dobson is crap view. I think he gets through a lot of work defensively and in making himself available as an option to receive a pass which goes unnoticed. However, like most L1 players he is prone to inconsistency both within a match and game to game. Hume is the same. Hopefully this will improve as they develop. That said Scowen looks the more accomplished player but my worry he is too lightweight. Look at what happemde at Bristol earlier this year. H started well and faded as the clogging started.

attacking threat :lol: made his senior debut in 2011,has played over 300 games for 16 goals.Sometimes no goals or 3.So maybe every manager has played him in the wrong position
Crazy isnt it, averages 2 assists a year as well. People havent seen him play I reckon and just seen the stats from the checkatrade where he got two assists from dead balls against a reserve team and assume he has delivery of David Beckham. Even in his own words hes a workhorse

Sadly in this day and age it is. Excessive force and because his trailing leg came through to make it look two footed its also seem as reckless. Not saying I agree with that but that's the way it is now

Reckless isn't a red, it's a yellow. For a red it has to be reckless and dangerous.

Back