Dobson red card not being appealed

He certainly lags behind Dobson in tackles but he makes almost twice as many interceptions per 90 than GD - significantly more than anyone else available to us in midfield. This would indicate that his anticipation and positioning are still good. In tight spaces he’d be the one I’d back out of all of them (as far as it goes anyway). If we are playing with more of a regista type with another one in front it would suggest that you’d go for the additional class of Leadbitter in most home games (and some aways) and then use the energy of Dobson when we’re expected to be under the cosh. But whoever told the lad to keep playing those bullshit floaty switch passes needs to wise the fuck up. He’s be better off carrying it forward into space most of the time as they’re so often telegraphed that the wide man needs an acre of space to get away without a serious challenge.

Didnt get a notification for this so apologies for late reply.

With regards to the diagonals I don't know whether he's being asked to do them or forced into doing them because other than going back to the defence again or firing it long for Grigg (shudder) there's not much on. Wright often does it as well but we overload the wings with wing backs, cb's and inside/deep forwards. Even Grigg was running wide into the channel on sat and when he was there was noone in the box so he was having to pull it back to the edge of the box.

Gone off on a tangeant there but it's just so disjointed and the priority of wing play, in the hope of a cross being turned in or spooned clear to us one of ours, is counter productive.

Dobson was picking the ball up on Sat with options similar to this...

............. ..........Grigg
..Maguire..............O'Brien
Hume.......Power.......O'Nien

................. Dobson...............
Flanagan..... Wright....Willis

That gap in the middle was taken up by their midfield (and forwards half the time) so it was going out wide every time where we had more space. Then it was coming back again as there was still nothing on in the middle, being passes back across the CB's then floated out to the other wing.

It wasn't until the second half when we sacked off having Dobson sit to cover, and allowed him to tear about a bit that we started to really get on top because we had an extra body in midfield. He was much better second until typically a shite pass made him dive in.

So frustrating (him amd the game).

Problem is Hume ,we really cant play a 4 with Denver.He at this moment doesnt have a defensive bone in his body.Now bearing in mind he is probably the best we have at getting up the field and crossing,thats PPs dilemma.Also can you imagine the meltdown on here ,cries of theres another local lad ruined

We can if the defensive midfielder is playing almost as a half back. That allows the left centre half to move a bit wider and cover.

Not to mention how poor the opposition generally are, and how small a threat they pose.
Not a fan of Dobson. Not capable of kicking the ball cleanly. Happy he's out for a bit.

Never a straight red though. The refs still have it in for us. The f***ing wankers.

I think you forgot the little winky smilie at the end.

A couple of facts about Saturday.
You should not play Dobson and Power together in this division.
You should not have Graham and Wyke on the bench together.
The set up was wrong from the start. Most supporters knew how the game would go after 3 minutes. Why the fuck didn't Parkinson do something about it at the very latest half time. The useless fucker. Outstanding candidate my f***ing hairy arse

Just rewatched the sending off. His f***ing pass leading up to it just about sums him up. What the fuck was that? :lol:

1:35.

Last edited:
Scowen deserves a chance. His corners vs villa kids were excellent (McGuires were average at best on the weekend) and should provide an extra threat.
Dobson with a back 5 in the third tier at home to a poor side is of very limited use... but backs against the wall as we will find ourselves at other times this season may yet be of use in getting us out of this rancid division.

Was just thinking that, I know I'm in the minority but I don't think he's half as bad as some on here make out, seems for some reason he's the boo boy atm, we have to have one don't we? 🙄
For me its just the fact he keeps passing it backwards when he has acres of pitch in front of him to run into. Pass it forward and go and get the return, ...... . Start forcing the issue. Its basic simple stuff. Most modern football games are cowardly imitations of how football was once played. Watched a bit of L'pool v Leeds, now thats what football should be about, 2 teams having a right go to win not this safety 1st boredom fest they are teaching kids from a very early age.

He's not though, is he. He's energetic and raw, everything most sunderland fans have been screaming out for but when we get it we write them off when they're not premier league quality
The absolute classic SMB trope - the hard working player

"We just want someone who really tries hard and is willing to run into walls for the shirt they are wearing"

"...but if they aren't technically good and all that 'hard work' actually creates fuck all because they aren't very good at football then we also want a good technical player!"

This is along the same lines as "lets just blood in some youngsters" but then also the fact we need to win every single game otherwise our season is a failure. :p

Back