Dobson red card not being appealed

Ya might be right rocky,we will soon find out .The problem on this board though is anyone not in the team automatically becomes a superstar.Scowen hasnt shown me anything to warrant the campaign to have him play,but as isay we will sharp find out as he will play at oxford.I know he put 3 corners in that made Charlie Wyke look like Charlie Hurley.I hope you are right and im wrong
I think a lot of supporters would just like to see our manager try something different. What im most afraid of is a re-run of last season.
I know it’s very very early but that’s what bothers me anyway.

I think a lot of supporters would just like to see our manager try something different. What im most afraid of is a re-run of last season.
I know it’s very very early but that’s what bothers me anyway.
Aye, exactly.

In preseason we some 'new shoots' appearing - some attacking midfield play from Neil, some good play and excellent crosses from Scowen, very promising LCB display from Alby, attacking play and good crosses from Diamond - and started to think we'd at least have one or two new faces and options. Then first game and...Flanagan, Power and Dobson... and we struggle to 1-1.

We smell of mothballs...

This article makes it sound like Leadbitter will get the nod over Scowen. I think he's the best passer at the club but if it's him and power that's our least mobile midfield and is everything we've been crying out to be fixed this summer.

At least his second touch isn't usually a tackle unlike Dobbo.

Aye, he passed it to their player perfectly knowing he could clatter him with a brilliant tackle

Glad someone gets it.

This article makes it sound like Leadbitter will get the nod over Scowen. I think he's the best passer at the club but if it's him and power that's our least mobile midfield and is everything we've been crying out to be fixed this summer.

At least his second touch isn't usually a tackle unlike Dobbo.

Dobson made the most completed passes on the park vs Bristol.

Also made the most completed passes into the opposition area.

For one of his bad games, he was still streets ahead of some.

Last edited:
Glad someone gets it.

Dobson made the most completed passes on the park vs Bristol.

Also made the most completed passes into the opposition area.

For one of his bad games, he was still streets ahead of some.

Well seeing as his role is the link between the back 3 and the rest of the team centrally, I'm not surprised he had the most passes, it doesn't change the fact his basic close control is extremely sub par.

His touches are almost always heavy which puts him off balance/on the back foot when trying to then pick a good pass, rather than whatever he can manage with less time on the ball due to his miscontrol. He also tends to dive in and give stupid fouls away when he loses the ball, if he can sort that out he's got potential to develop into a good player at this level.

He has had good games for us but in the main he looks like a raw youngster plucked out of non-league with no academy background, not someone who's come through at Arsenal and West Ham.

Well seeing as his role is the link between the back 3 and the rest of the team centrally, I'm not surprised he had the most passes, it doesn't change the fact his basic close control is extremely sub par.

His touches are almost always heavy which puts him off balance/on the back foot when trying to then pick a good pass, rather than whatever he can manage with less time on the ball due to his miscontrol. He also tends to dive in and give stupid fouls away when he loses the ball, if he can sort that out he's got potential to develop into a good player at this level.

He has had good games for us but in the main he looks like a raw youngster plucked out of non-league with no academy background, not someone who's come through at Arsenal and West Ham.

I disagree mate, saw he overran one on Saturday, its the only time I can remember to be honest. He normally has excellent decision making and picks his times to carry the ball.

Misplaced far more passes than he usually does and still had one of the higher percentages despite being tasked with shifting balls to the wingbacks.

I think he'll be a miss but it'll depend on the rest of them, for me Max Power hid in attacking positions first half and some of them cant do much worse.

As for a raw youngster, despite the team not going well nor his individual performance, not once did he hide, shows maturity and determination for me.

attacking threat :lol: made his senior debut in 2011,has played over 300 games for 16 goals.Sometimes no goals or 3.So maybe every manager has played him in the wrong position
Attacking threat doesn’t mean goals scored. I think you are confusing attacking threat to the old number 9 role.

Back