Do you reckon Oasis copied a bit from this band?

They stole for almost every song they ever wrote. There are plenty of YouTube videos on it. Noel has even came out and said as much.

There's an important difference between inspiration and plagiarism and they rode the fine line their whole careers. Noel is still doing it now with his solo stuff.

Aye I had to check Peter Hook wasn’t involved in the writing of ‘she taught me to fly’ on his last album like :lol:

All I remember about Enuff Zenuff aside from a crappy video that was on heavy rotation on MTV in the early nineties was that the singer - Chip - claimed on the Howard Stern show that he accidentally pissed inside Madonna when he was shagging her.
Members of the male species will know how difficult it is to piss with a bonk on so I’m not really sure what was going on there.

4 piece band playing medium pace rock songs
Like nirvana the fact Oasis didn't dress like this lot meant a new crowd showed up and called it New .

All I remember about Enuff Zenuff aside from a crappy video that was on heavy rotation on MTV in the early nineties was that the singer - Chip - claimed on the Howard Stern show that he accidentally pissed inside Madonna when he was shagging her.
Members of the male species will know how difficult it is to piss with a bonk on so I’m not really sure what was going on there.
:) bonk on

Heard this track on Planet Rock and assumed it was some Oasis tribute band but when I checked this song was released a couple of years before Oasis were formed. Never heard of the band like.

To copy someone else's style, you need to have actual musical skills. Oasis did not. They played the only music they were capable of playing; dull 4-chord whiney drivel.

The vocalist sounding a bit like this one is just coincidence, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
To copy someone else, you need to have actual musical skills. Oasis did not. They played the only music they were capable of playing; dull 4-chord whiney drivel.

The vocalist sounding a bit like this one is just coincidence, I'm afraid.

Maybe, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that Liam heard that band and liked the vocal delivery.

Back