Do you reckon Oasis copied a bit from this band?

Lord Alfred

Striker
Heard this track on Planet Rock and assumed it was some Oasis tribute band but when I checked this song was released a couple of years before Oasis were formed. Never heard of the band like.

Guitars don't sound like them. These have got that American thrashy guitar style that was anything but oasis but I can see similarities in the vocals and how the chorus builds

Heard this track on Planet Rock and assumed it was some Oasis tribute band but when I checked this song was released a couple of years before Oasis were formed. Never heard of the band like.

I can see why you’d think that. But I think Noel and Liam were too caught up in the Manchester scene and would have dismissed this despite similar sounding lyrics.

Can't see it personally.

The Hindu Times backing tune is a blatent rip off from Stereophonics - Same Size Feet and the piano riff off the start of Don't Look Back In Anger is blatently John Lennon - Imagine though so wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Noel borrowed loads of early stuff off a group called the real people that never really made it. I think there is a YouTube video with loads of examples on. Mental how much they borrowed
Can't see it personally.

The Hindu Times backing tune is a blatent rip off from Stereophonics

Who took it from does your mother know by abba

They stole for almost every song they ever wrote. There are plenty of YouTube videos on it. Noel has even came out and said as much.

There's an important difference between inspiration and plagiarism and they rode the fine line their whole careers. Noel is still doing it now with his solo stuff.

Mux’s band isn’t the greatest band in the world, it’s just a tribute.

Noel borrowed loads of early stuff off a group called the real people that never really made it. I think there is a YouTube video with loads of examples on. Mental how much they borrowed

Who took it from does your mother know by abba

Never knew that one, quite like it when someone totally redo some little sample from a song and make it their own so it's unrecognisable unlike Oasis who just steals it.

Len - Steal My Sunshine from Andrea True Connection - More More More is one of the best for that.

Back