Do you love England?

You compared playing down the severity of Covid 19 to racism and homophobia. You then stereotyped middle aged Englishmen who had patriotic feelings about their country in a derogatory way. This is just as racist as saying young black men are likely to be criminals.

I didn’t compare it, I contrasted the consequences of the former to the latter two.

I totally reject the idea that calling some middle aged Englishmen bitter nationalists is anything like racism or homophobia.

not really something to celebrate is it, the geographical location on the planet that your mother happened to be when you slid out of her, and which man-made geo-political border that you happenchance were confined within at that moment in time

Yes but do you like Devon?

I’ve noticed a lack of manners creeping in over the years, we used to have a great reputation for being polite and friendly. Sign of the times everywhere I guess....
Aye ,its a strange one .To many ,real life is something they do on the side when their phone isnt in their hand plus the social media we all use is generally negative so gives us a false balance

People are just canny in general wherever you go. All people ever really want is to make sure they and their kids have enough to survive on. More often than not that’s all people really want.
There was a thread in the politics forum a few months ago asking if you were proud to be English. I was genuinely shocked by how many people said no.

We live in one of the best country's on planet Earth.

Similar pattern isn’t it with folk. Never had any responsibility to anything other than themselves.
People like that are robotic and don't have any self awareness. For example they're happy to shout racism / sexism etc all day yet will happily make their own bitter and bigoted generalisations about whatever section of society they please. As I said its comical to see.

Back