Do you love England?

Of course. But democracy can also show how idiotic and/or selfish the majority are.

Anyway that has nowt to do with people panic buying baby food and medication meaning others ended up suffering. Or littering or treating Thier towns like shit. Or avoiding indipendant local businesses in favour of multi national franchises. That's nowt to do with democracy. It's to do with people not caring about where they live and their neighbours
The most powerful people on earth are all psychopaths. They’re not representative of the majority. The majority of people are living day to day feeding and clothing their dependants.

So the others have the same problems but we’ve got it lucky to have those problems?

Similar types of issue. I didn't say the same

Always see Spain and Italy mentioned as 'better alternatives' to the UK. Their economies were fucked pre-COVID, both have to deal with poverty far worse than anything here, racism much more of an issue, and hardly political utopias. Same goes for most other countries tbf.

The thing is people aren't exposed to day to day life in other countries to the point that they can realistically think we have it bad. The grass isn't always greener etc.

I didn’t imply that at all. I said that people shouldn’t be allowed to post dangerous fake news about COVID.
You’re as English as the Rest of us mate. Boris controls England and you’re part of the rat race. The sharper you learn that the better.

I just realised that I posted about good things in England, Scotland and Wales, but the thread title is ‘English’. I think that shows I see myself as more British than English. I feel I have more in common with the Scottish than Brummies or the Cornish. Nothing against them, but I suppose with Scotland being so much more closer to the north east and a fair number of them in northern England, we have a fair old mix.

Similar types of issue. I didn't say the same

Always see Spain and Italy mentioned as 'better alternatives' to the UK. Their economies were fucked pre-COVID, both have to deal with poverty far worse than anything here, racism much more of an issue, and hardly political utopias. Same goes for most other countries tbf.

The thing is people aren't exposed to day to day life in other countries to the point that they can realistically think we have it bad. The grass isn't always greener etc.
Similar or same. Barely a difference

Back