Do you love England?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
If you’re English I suppose most of us here are. There’s a lot of people that seem to be doom mongers and love to slag off anything about this country. I don’t really want this to be a negative thread so I’ll leave it at that but yesterday I was stood up Helvellyn looking over the lakes and thought how lucky I am. Could have been born in Diepsloot or some slum village in Djibouti. All the music we have, scenery, wealth, power internationally, sport, history. We’ve done alight for a tiny island really.

Anyway it’s a great place I think. Other than being minted and born in the Caribbean I reckon I’m pretty lucky to be English.

No. I really don’t know what there is to like about this country. But that’s just me, each to their own.
The aesthetics of the place, the music we've produced, our language is universally spoken wherever you go, our wealth, our ability to grow food and feed ourselves, jobs, the weather conditions, lack of deadly animals, lack of weather disasters, no guns, our relativ safety, the fact a massive global superpower doesn’t want one of our commodities and therefore bomb us. There’s f***ing loads of reasons to be thankful For where we are.

Of course I love England , especially the North. Lovely coastline in the NE for beach walks and bracing sea air. Away over the Lakes today for 3 or 4 nights for some cracking Mountain and Valley walks to develop a thirst for Cumbrian Ale:D:cool:

Of course I love England , especially the North. Lovely coastline in the NE for beach walks and bracing sea air. Away over the Lakes today for 3 or 4 nights for some cracking Mountain and Valley walks to develop a thirst for Cumbrian Ale:D:cool:

Lovely drop but not as good as Market harborough stout

Love the lakes. And loads of parts of the country are lovely to look at. Unfortunately the country is populated by a majority of selfish, thick, miserable, angry, snidey bell ends.

Take the people away and it's a great country
It absolutely isn’t like. Most normal people keep their mouths shut. Those who speak loudest etc.
Yes, and Britain.
I agree but the Scots and welsh can begin their own threads. This is about England

I certainly feel very lucky to have been born in England. I think the only places on the planet I'd consider moving to for a better life would be Canada & New Zealand. I'd put Australia too but the thought of having to check my shoes every single day of my life for spiders seems like a hassle

Back