Do you like spicy food?

Spice Tandoori in Thurso do this. For anyone who happens to be staying overnight up there, I’d highly recommend this place.
I've been there! Got a mate who hails from Thurso so I've been up there a few times. Top-notch food IIRC mind that was 10 years ago on the last occasion.

I like spicy bait, but the hottest Indian I can do is a madras- any more than that and it's just heat for heat's sake and ruins the taste

A Vindaloo made correctly and with the right mix of flavours is brilliant.

I’d agree with a phaal though. Think it was just invented as a curry with a fuck ton of green chilli in. Not pleasurable.

I dont eat hot food to "be a man" I eat it because I love it.
Its canny funny seeing kids in the Indians getting Vindaloos to look hard and then wasting it because its too hot for them

I cook and eat alone, still add chills and anything recommended to be spicey, no one to impress. Went to a place in China, everything chilli orientated, the dishes were hot enough, but we were chomping down on raw chilli as we ate the dish. In the Philippines they had a boiled sweet type thing, and was a comp how long you can keep it in ya gob, rarely anyone makes a minute, I got to 53 seconds and they were impressed.

I've been there! Got a mate who hails from Thurso so I've been up there a few times. Top-notch food IIRC mind that was 10 years ago on the last occasion.
I think Royal Tandoori in Aviemore, Sid’s in Brora and Indian Ocean in Inverness are all the same family. They all do a Mohonwala curry which is cheese based. By far the best I’ve ever had. Tried countless times to get the recipe :lol:

I think Royal Tandoori in Aviemore, Sid’s in Brora and Indian Ocean in Inverness are all the same family. They all do a Mohonwala curry which is cheese based. By far the best I’ve ever had. Tried countless times to get the recipe :lol:
Not been to any of them but I'll make a note. Cheers!

Bragging about how far up the scoville scale you can tolerate isn't an issue. But if you like hot food, try Seabrooks"Fire Eaters Scorchin' Hot Trinidad Scorpion Chilli" crisps.
They are the best and hottest crisps I've had for a long time.
Bought from Morrisons; enjoy...
il have to try these, cheers for the headsup.

Back