Do you have a door number?

We ordered the number in the glass above a new door. Then changed our minds. But the window people had already made it. The bloke said he would fit it and see what we thought, if we didn't like it he'd take it down. He fitted it and it looked canny so we kept it.

Crazy times we live in eh.

I feel sorry for the people who live in Albert Edward Terrace in Boldon Colliery (for a number of reasons).

The door numbers in that street make no sense whatsoever; the postie must have a nightmare finding the right house.

We have one on the wall of the house next to the porch - best we could do without drilling into the UPVC porch. Our postman bitches like mad at you if you don't have one up!

Just remembered this really boring page I read on house numbers one day I was doing anything but the work I should have been doing.

House Address “Twins” Proximity – The Unusually Named Blog

The bloke was looking at how close two houses could be with the same address. Turns out right next door to each other.

Logon or register to see this image

We have a not-massively obvious street name (so not a Station Road, Church Street type one) and an address twin a mile away. It's a f***ing pain in the arse as we've had their takeaways knock here and the best one was we had a letting agent show up three times over the course of a year to do tenancy inspections. It was the little jumped up arsehole who'd inspected our house when we'd rented from the fuckers so having him knock on our door demanding to do an inspection and insisting we couldn't possibly own the place and asking if we were sure we were paying a mortgage on it was a bit of a "what the fuck" moment the first couple of times he showed up and I sent him away. When he rocked up again a few months later I went mental on the company - who then finally looked at what was happening and he was meant to be inspecting the address-twin house a mile away... sent the rude little arsehole around with a bottle of wine to apologise for his attitude. (That's how we actually found out about the identical named street)

Last edited:
Because around 50% of doorbells don’t work so you’re not standing round like a lemon.
90% of delivery guys don't seem to be strong enough to give a knock on the door that can be heard around the house - wish they had the wisdom to press the doorbell instead.

When I do deliveries I use the knocker and give it a gentle tap in case there's a baby sleeping.
No need to explain your weak limp wrist marra.

We have a not-massively obvious street name (so not a Station Road, Church Street type one) and an address twin a mile away. It's a f***ing pain in the arse as we've had their takeaways knock here and the best one was we had a letting agent show up three times over the course of a year to do tenancy inspections. It was the little jumped up arsehole who'd inspected our house when we'd rented from the fuckers so having him knock on our door demanding to do an inspection and insisting we couldn't possibly own the place and asking if we were sure we were paying a mortgage on it was a bit of a "what the fuck" moment the first couple of times he showed up and I sent him away. When he rocked up again a few months later I went mental on the company - who then finally looked at what was happening and he was meant to be inspecting the address-twin house a mile away... sent the rude little arsehole around with a bottle of wine to apologise for his attitude. (That's how we actually found out about the identical named street)
:lol: bet he loved having to do that.

When I was a kid we lived in a square at the end of a road with the same name. We'd quite often post addressed to the house with the same number on the road. Don't think my mam ever bothered dropping it round. Wonder how much of our post they did the same with.

Back