Do you guys budget?

I'm lucky that I don't have to budget much - not rich but comfortable.
Fair play to you marra -nee doubt grafted for it and enjoying it now
If there is one good thing to come out of Covid for me its that i have never had more money
Pubs are getting bit more clued up that' they need outdoor heaters and space and " groups" willl adhere to rules -my money will dwindle as a result!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think it's a good idea to keep paying, it's a nightmare of a situation and hope there is some resolution for you soon 👍
Exactly, but my wife refuses to listen. I would never have asked my parents to bail me out of my own mess ups. On his way back to Glasgow after the Coventry game last November alcohol fuelled and surprise surprise life ruined for one mackem, aided and abetted by his fiancée of course.

Exactly, but my wife refuses to listen. I would never have asked my parents to bail me out of my own mess ups. On his way back to Glasgow after the Coventry game last November alcohol fuelled and surprise surprise life ruined for one mackem, aided and abetted by his fiancée of course.
Nightmare, well good luck to you and the wife - I'd hate to be in your position, my best wishes to you both 😓

An afternoon session is just a night out that starts earlier. I never go home any earlier.

No, credit cards and loans

f***ing hell. Who on earth lent you that much money on unsecured credit?

Were you always honest when applying for credit? Not being funny but even in this day and age of relaxed lending providers would never usually let someone accrue that much Unsecured debt

f***ing hell. Who on earth lent you that much money on unsecured credit?

Were you always honest when applying for credit? Not being funny but even in this day and age of relaxed lending providers would never usually let someone accrue that much Unsecured debt
They just kept putting limits up.
I had one card with a 15k limit and 3 with 5k. The wife had similar. We had 3 bank accounts with overdrafts, and a long term loan each. Getting bank charges on bank charges and paying about 1k interest a month.
We didn’t know there was any way out.
Yeah I was honest with them all

I had one card with a 15k limit and 3 with 5k. The wife had similar. We had 3 bank accounts with overdrafts, and a long term loan each. Getting bank charges on bank charges and paying about 1k interest a month.

What on Earth were you spending it on?

I was absolutely pathetic with money until around my mid twenties. Blowing it on all sorts of rubbish and never having a penny to my name.

I’m a lot better now but I have to keep disciplined. I fortunate I’m not really into tech or fancy cars so do save a bit of money that way buying 2nd hand and I always buy my mates iPhone off him when he gets an upgrade.

😳

I never really had to when I was making shitloads of money. After my illness in 2015 I was wiped out so now have to plan every spend. I still have a $3k per month mortgage payment on a negative equity home.

I use this Budget Tracker & Planner | Free Online Money Management | Mint

It syncs all of my accounts, stock, mortgage etc. and shows my exactly what I’m spending.

WTF?! Is it an expensive house or are you trying to pay it off a 25 year mortgage in 3 years?

Back